Twice

I quickly walked past Rumple's shop as I whispered to myself,
"Don't turn around. Don't turn around."
I stopped in my tracks and said,
"I have to see him one last time."
I turned and peered through the window, and sure enough, Pan was there, as well as Rumple.
Rumple held a wooden box and stepped towards Pan. I quickly cast a spell on the glass so I could hear what they were saying,
"It's nearly time. We should go. We don't want to miss our ticket home." Pan said with a blank expression.
"Are you ready?" Rumple said as he opened the box, revealing a glowing red heart.
"Yes. Thank you son."
Rumple shoved the heart into Pan's chest. Pan heaved and winced in pain.
"Wait, something's...something's wrong." Pan said clenching his chest.
"Different than you remembered?" Rumple said with a sly grin.
"What's happening? What did you do?"
"That wasn't really Robin Hood's heart I put inside of you..."
I was now pressed up against the glass as anxiety crash landed in the bottom of my stomach.
"What did you put in me?" Pan said doubled-over and with little strength left in his voice.
"A wine-skin I glamoured, filled with water...from the River of Souls."
I bursted through the front door and screamed,
"Pan!"
"___?" He said now lying on the floor.
Rumple looked viciously at Pan and said,
"Villains don't get happy endings...and I'm here to make sure you never get yours."
A green smoke began to engulf Pan.
"No! No, Pan...please. Please..."
Seconds later he was consumed by the smoke, and vanished just as he had two years ago, on the main street of Storybrooke.
"Twice..." I said softly.
I stood up and turned to Rumple, enraged,
"YOU MADE ME WATCH HIM DIE TWICE!!"
Without thinking, I angrily punched Rumple in the face, causing him to stumble backwards. I ran out of the shop and down the street.
"I can still save him. I just need the quill...I just need the quill," I repeated to myself as I sprinted for the portal.
A transparent pink oval glowed. I could see the real Storybrooke through it. Before entering, I whispered,
"I'm coming Pan..."

*Words italicized were written by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz and featured in the twentieth episode of season five of Once Upon A Time on ABC, entitled "Firebird."