Chapter Four

Media: The Witcher 3 OST: The Fields of Ard Skellig

If you've read this far, I'm surprised. Not only because someone is taking time and wasting their life to read this, but because I actually updated five chapters on consecutive days. Be proud of yourself for reading this when I'm in savage uploading mode and not in depressed "lemme update once a year" mode. You caught me at a good time ✌

I've done things that most commoners haven't in these short sixteen years.

I've met royalty from all the seven realms. I've watched the Grand Knights of various counties combat with each other. I've ate food reserved for the elite in obscure countries that most haven't heard of. I've worn fabric of the highest quality and latest fashion. I've danced in most courts in the world, and been tutored by the best scholars. I've pet unicorns and once, when I was very young, I met a dragon.

But never have I ever ventured the city gates on my own.

The Ivory Palace-- aptly named so for it's exterior-- was situated in the heart of Glamaia, Irisdor. It was the metropolitan, with sweeping buildings of heights many believe to have bene built by giants. The streets were as beautiful as the buildings and magic thrummed beneath cobblestones, tying the citizens with to the States. Irisdor housed thousands of people, their love for their nation and king shown through the laughter pouring into the palace and the smiles. And their king sure as hell loved them back.

I snuck out of the palace to explore the city ever since I was ten. The only one who found out was an Freya, and that was last year. She didn't forbid me from going out but made me swear to start again only after I got my knights. So I did.

And here I am, with my knights, Sir Amancio sitting atop his steed like a young lord, dark curls sprinkled across his forehead, a wistful smile on his face. Sir Hamilton looked the other way, quietly scanning the horizon line, taking in the dense forest behind us with the roads paving out of Irisdor and spreading across the country like veins.

I sat on my horse, stifling a yawn as Yani, my mare, pawed on a poppy flower, before arking her chocolate head down to bite into the dewy grass.

Why are we standing still as statues-- except for the horses-- when we should have been on our way to rescue Sir Jacob Heron?

"Hamilton," I called out to the quiet knight. I pulled my hood higher up my head to keep out the crisp spring air. "Are we ready?"

The sandy haired man tilted his head towards me, but kept his eyes on the road. "Another two minutes."

"I wish we had the Maerithium," I moaned, hugging Yani's neck. "You sure you couldn't get it?"

Hamilton nodded. "I apologise for that. It seemed a high officer had it, and I couldn't exactly borrow it from someone who had it on their person. "

I grunted in response. After dinner, I tried to coax Gavin, one of the military experts in the family into telling me the whereabouts of Maerithium. That hadn't worked out well.

My idiot older brother had teased me left and right for some 'scandal' that I was sure had nothing to do with Heron. He refused to answer straight, and when I looked for Xael, the only other person who would have an idea where it is, she had already gone to bed.

Now we had to go to Janhala. To our deaths.

I know I should sound more hysterical at the thought but part of me was still skeptical that this place even existed. The whole "eastern sun, northern moon"-- was it even that? I don't know-- thing was confusing and I was beating myself up for not asking Freya's logical self what that was about.