Antilia

I wake up, laying on the couch. Zakary stares at me with concern.

"What happened?" I ask my vision still blurry.

"You fainted. Nothing major. You were just not used to the new levels of radiation your body is receiving. You'll be fine," he gives me a reassuring smile.

I nod at this. There are higher levels of radiation now than from when I was younger.

I slowly sit up my head screaming in protest. My vision blurs again and I lean against the couch for support.

Zakary's grey eyes are illuminated. They are striking in the soft lamp light.

He clears his throat. "I have to go. I'll see you in the morning." He says.

"I'm supposed to be at the lab tomorrow. They are picking me up early. Goodnight Zakary." I say with a smile.

His eyes change and his face falters before giving me a small smile. "Good luck."

When the Chancellor had told me that I was the cure, I hadn't expected it. I was just a normal girl. Or at least, I had been. Now I'm the "savior." I'll be able to help all these sick people.

I don't know what it means. I know that there's going to be experiments starting tomorrow. I don't know if it'll be easy.

I shake my head clear if these thoughts and head to the kitchen. I look at the box on the counter.

Hope you like Pizza. It's just plain cheese. -Zakary

I smile. Pizza was my favorite when I was younger. I take the box to the couch and eat it.

This has got to be the best pizza I've see eaten. The cheese is melted to perfection and the sauce is delicious. The crust is even good.

I set the box down on the coffee table and go down the hall to what I presume to be my room.

I open the large door and gasp at the sight in front of me. The bed is a queen size at least, covered in lavender blankets. A window looks over the city. There is a desk and dresser. I look against the wall to see a walk in closet. This is my dream bedroom.

Being the idiot I am, I pinch myself to make sure this isn't a dream. It isn't. O smile and got no the closet.

There are clothes and shoes l everywhere all made I fit my size. I grab a green night gown and change into it, leaving my blue dress on the floor. I go to the bed and immediately sink into it.

I lay down staring at the ceiling for a long time, just thinking. Finally I fall asleep.

***

I wake up to a beating on my door. I open it and nurse who helped me the first day stands outside.

"I'm here to help you get ready," she squeaks.

"Oh thank you," I say. I let her in. "What's your name?"

"Louise," she says in her high pitched voice.

She looks in my closet and comes out with a white pair of pants and a white shirt. They are simple clothes.

I put them on. I also change into a pair of sneakers. Louise looks me up and down approvingly.