Chapter Two

Chapter Two

..:Aaron:..

My eyes shot open at the annoying sound of my alarm clock blaring in my ears. Remembering Rachel lying next to me, I quickly turned the alarm off, falling back against the bed. Just as I figured, Rachel was still fast asleep. Her pillow was covering her head. I smiled as a devious thought popped into my head. I pulled the pillow from her, waiting to see if she would wake up, and threw it at her. She didn’t even stir, instead, she re-wrapped her body around mine, intertwining her legs around mine.

I felt her warm breath every time she exhaled on my naked torso. I closed my eyes, drifting off again to sleep. It easily encompassed me and before I knew it, Rachel was banging on my stomach.

“Aaron, oh my God, we have to get to school. Look what time it is!” she exclaimed, pushing the clock into my face. My eyes adjusted to the LED lights blaring into them.

“What time is it, I can’t see the damn thing when you shove it so close,” I said, pushing the clock away sitting up looking at her. She looked adorable with her hair a mess and sleep in her eyes.

“It’s almost eleven o'clock. Mrs. Jameson must not have thought to wake us up this morning!” she exclaimed, jumping out of the bed and leaving my room. As she left, her intoxicating scent stayed in the room. It made me want her that much more. I knew I should have told her my feelings a long time ago, that I was in love with her, but I couldn't find the courage to do that.  Running my hands through my hair, I stood up and searched through my drawers for clean clothes. My stomach started growling before I managed to pull them on.

I made my way down stairs and rummaged through the cupboards for something to eat. As I sat down at the table and started eating my Lucky Charms, Rachel came barreling down the stairs.

“Aaron, come on! We are going to be even later than what we are now,” she exclaimed rounding the corner into the kitchen. Her mouth dropped when she saw me sitting there, still in my bed clothes, not even close to being ready.

“Seriously,” she groaned. I laughed at her standing there with her hands on her hips.

“What? I was hungry so I thought I would get breakfast before getting ready. We are going to be too late to worry about it anyway,” I said logically. She shrugged her shoulders and agreed. We sat in silence for a few minutes as she poured herself a bowl of cereal and started eating. After I rinsed my bowl, I turned around and walked out of the kitchen. It didn’t take but two minutes to throw on the clothes I had already set out on my bed and brush my teeth. I ran my fingers through my hair, flattening it down some and made my way back to the kitchen. Rachel had finished eating and was washing her cereal bowl in the sink. Just as I was about to ask if she were ready, she turned around.

“Hey, why don’t we ditch today?” she asked, wiping her wet hands on her pants.

I opened my mouth and closed it twice before realizing I wouldn’t be able to say no to her even if I wanted to. I furrowed my brows. “Pretty please Aaron, with a cherry on top?” she begged. Instead of arguing, I simply nodded.

She jumped up and down squealing like a pig, wrapping her arms tightly around me. I stood there dizzy at the thought of her pressed so closely against me. I could feel the strain in my pants as I cleared my throat. She pulled away, her face a bright pink. I loved it when she blushed. She looked so innocent, like when we were kids.

“Let me go change into something less boring and I’ll be right back,” she jumped up and down again before sashaying to her room. Rolling my eyes at her, I stood up and headed back to my room, putting my backpack back where it belonged and spending a few minutes tidying up my bedroom.