Clarity, or The Truth

I puke up the rest of my food and Chara rubs my back soothingly. She's watched out for me more times than I can count, I think? She's someone I trust wholeheartedly. I know she will always watch my back, and can't help but be glad it's her and not Sans who is here. All I need is comfort, not angry boyfriends threatening to kill every human I have ever met.

"Frisk, what's wrong? Are you sick again? Is it the flu?" Chara whispers, and I shake my head.

"I went to see my little sister at her Orphanage and she gave me some weird medicine injection in my side." I mumble through the puke, and Chara sighs.

"The side? As in your waist?" She lifts my jumper to look at the wound and the mere feeling of her hands on my skin causes sparks to fly. I shudder weirdly, and Chara assumes I'm cold, so she lets my jumper fall back down.

"Uh huh, it really hurt." I begin to cry, and Chara sighs again.

"Dumb Fran, can't do anything right. Jeez, I didn't want to have to do this job myself, it only ruins my pacifist reputation." She growls, and my hazy mind can't understand what she's saying.

"Chara, what do you me-" I'm cut off by a sharp, stabbing pain in my back, splintering my spine and removing all of my remaining HP. My red soul beats with determination, but the hazy red of the medication renders that feeling useless. 

And so my soul Shatters.

Chara's PoV

I watch as my opponent falls to the ground, dead at last. No amount of determination could save her pathetic body now. I'm free to ruin this timeline as much as I want now, and then go home to my Pacifist route for dinner with my Mom and Dad. Hah! Best of both worlds. 

I hear the front door open, and I quickly turn on my acting skills. I have an alibi, and no motive.

Go Team Chara.