Chapter 19

Today was the perfect day to get my revenge. I had waited all week with anticipation to make my mark on Teresa. What I wanted to know was why? Why did she kill me? It's puzzled me ever since my death.
I walked down the hallway, my sparkly red sweater shimmering. I had just passed Hannah's room, when her door swung open.
"Chelsea, wait up."
I turned around and looked her straight in the eyes.
"What?" I asked. Hannah's hands were tied behind her back. She whipped them out, opened a bottle of Holy Water, and before I could respond, splashed it in my face. As the water absorbed into my pores, my face burned like the pit of Hell.
"What the heck?!" I yelled, whipping my face off with my hands.
"My suspicions about you were true, Chelsea, or should I say Abigail."
"I'm not Abigail!"
"Oh, please, you're face looks like you just go sunburn. It's the middle of winter, that's impossible."
"You finally got me." A low laugh escapes from my lips. "But, do you really think anyone is going to believe you?"
"Yes. Abigail, you definitely don't act like Chelsea, and Mom and Dad already think there's something wrong with you."
To make matters worse Hannah started yelling,"Mom, Dad, Abigail. . ."
I clamped my right hand around Hannah's mouth, and whispered in her ear," You will not tell Ryan or Kara about this, or anyone else."
"Or, what?" Hannah countered back.
"If you tell, I will do physical harm to Chelsea."
"Won't that do harm to you too? I mean, you are attached to her at this time."
I thought about it for a minute. "I suppose, but it would all be worth it to see you suffer."
"I promise I won't tell. Just please, don't hurt her."
"Consider it a deal." I replied, heading downstairs."
As I entered the living room, Kara and Ryan were sitting near the fireplace, watching some kind of cheesy Christmas movie. The Christmas tree was brightly lite, and was beautiful showcased in the window. They both took their eyes off the television, and turned their gaze to me.
"We heard you arguing with your sister." They said, in unison.
"That was nothing."
"It sure was something." They replied.
"If you must know,we were talking about . . . boys."
"Boys?" They asked.
"Yes."
"Honey, you're too young to date. I didn't meet your father until after high school."
"I guess you're going to disaprove of what I'm going to say next.
"Which is?" Kara asked.
"Tim, invited me over to his house today."
"I don't think that's such a good idea."
"Why not?"
"Because, Tim's mom is a murderer."
"But Mom, she's changed over the last twenty-five years."
"I don't care. I'm not putting my baby's life in danger.
"Listen to your mother." Ryan chimed in.
"Fine!" I yelled, storming out of the living room and up the stairs.
How could Kara do this to me? This was my only chance to get justice for myself. I couldn't just sneak off. Kara would get suspicious. Unless. . . I stopped right in front of Hannah's room. Hannah. She could distract Kara and Ryan while I snuck out of the house. I smiled to myself, as I knocked on Hannah's door.
"Go away! She yelled. I ignored her, and opened the door.
"Did you not just hear what I just said?"
"I need a favor."
"Like I would help you."
"Do you want me to harm Chelsea?"
"No, please, all do anything."
"Well in that case, I need you to distract Kara and Ryan."
"Why?
"I need to sneak out of the house."
"To do what?"
"That's none of your business."
"Okay. How do you propose I distract them?"
"Be creative. I'll be in my room, making it look like I'm asleep."
"Be ready in five minutes."
"I will." I replied, as I left her room.
I headed to my room, slamming the door behind me. I didn't waste any time. I went over to my bed, pulled back the sheets, and put a pillow in the middle of the bed.I pulled the sheets all the way up and waited for Hannah to give me the signal.
It felt like an eternity waiting for Hannah to give me the signal. I was just about ready to give up, when I heard Hannah shriek. It didn't take long, before I heard Ryan and Kara's footsteps stomping up the stairs. I then, heard Hannah's door open rapidly.
"Quick!" Hannah shrieked. "Close the door . . . t-there's a mouse in my room."
Hannah's door slammed shut. I knew that this was the perfect time to sneak out. I walked on my tippy toes out of my room, quietly shutting my door behind me. I walked like this all the way to the kitchen, then took off at a bolt once I got outside. I probably should have worn a coat because the wind was whipping at my body, making me shiver. I wasn't turning back now. I had come too far for my revenge to be ruined.
I was nervous as I rang the doorbell. I heard footsteps coming downstairs, towards the door.
"I'll be there in a minute." Definitely Tim's voice.
When Tim opened the door, a huge smile appeared on his face, and his hazel brown eyes sparkled.
"Chelsea, you came!"
"Of course I came. I wouldn't be a good girlfriend if I broke my promise."
"You know how I am with my promises. Please, come in."
As I entered the house I took in my surroundings. The house hadn't changed a bit since the last time I was here. It still had its beat up green carpet, and the lime green walls to match. Even the old fireplace, sat in the corner, producing a good sized fire.
"Where's your mom?" I asked
"She's in the kitchen taking the last batch of cookies out of the oven."
"That's all I needed to know." I replied, kissing Tim on the lips. Tim was starstruck. This was perfect. No Tim, to get in my way. I slightly pushed him, and he fell to the ground.
As I entered the kitchen, Teresa was right where Tim said she'd be. She turned around from the counter and faced me.
"Welcome to our home, Chelsea."
Anger surged through my vains. I charged at Teresa, knocking her to the ground.
"What the heck, Chelsea?"
"Stop calling me Chelsea! My name is Abigail!"
"T-thats I-impossible. Abigail Nicely died twenty-five years ago."
"It's possible. I've taken complete control over Chelsea's body."
"Y-you y-you mon----
"The only monster is you." I balled my hand into a fist, and swung it into her face. She cried out in pain.
"Why did you do it?"
"Do what?
"Don't play dumb with me!" I yelled, hitting her this time in the stomach.
Tears were now coming out of her eyes. "I killed you because I was jealous. I was Mike's boyfriend before you. And when I heard that he was going to propose to you I lost it. I came up with this whole plan to murder you."
I dug both my hands into her wrists. "You took away my chance to have children."
"Abigail, you didn't do anything to Tim, right?"
"Relax, the only thing I did to your son was kiss him."
"Those kisses you gave me were disgusting. I turned around, and there was Tim, standing right behind me.
"How did you . . .
"Break from your trance? I heard my mother's screams."
I laughed. "You can't do anything to stop me from hurting your mother." I hit Teresa once more in the face. Tim's face was full of disgust. "I'm sorry, Chelsea." Tim rolled his hand into a fist, and before I could respond, punched me in the face. I stumbled backwards, blood oozing from my nose. Tim, hurried to the counter, where a phone lay. He picked it up and started dialing a number. I couldn't let him call the cops, so I hurried after him. I was almost about to reach him, when Teresa grabbed onto my ancle, tripping me. I tried to get away but her grip was too strong. There was no use fighting her, so I gave up. I was not going to jail, so I left Chelsea's body, leaving her to fend for herself.