Chapter 20-Chelsea

My eyes flutter open and I'm on someone's kitchen floor. How did I get here? The last place I remember being was in my bedroom. What the heck happened to me? Was I in trouble? I try to get up off the floor, but someone is holding me down. I look up at their face,and I'm surprised that it's Tim.
"Save your strength for when the cops get here."
"Wait, what?"
"You heard me. The cops are on their way."
"I didn't do anything wrong."
"Don't play dumb with me, Abigail."

My memory starts flooding back. I remember coming home for the first time since my attack. I had a video camera in my hand, filming proof that Abigail was a monster. I was filming upstairs, when Abigail appeared in my room. She threatened to kill Hannah, if I didn't give her my body. Abigail did this, and she framed it all on me.
"Tim, it's me, Chelsea."
"Like I believe you. You just want me to let you go."
"Honest, Tim. I didn't do anything wrong."
There's a knock on the door. "This is the police."
Tim lets go of my wrists, and heads for the door. He opens the door, and two policemen come barreling in.
"Is this the girl that attacked your mother?" They ask, pointing at me.
"Yes officer." Tim responds.
The bigger policeman comes over to me and lifts me up off the floor, attaching a pair of handcuffs to my hands.
"You are under arrest. What you say or do will be used against you."
I nod my head, and they lead me out of the house, and into their police car.
All the way down to the police station, I'm scared as Hell. What's going to happen to me? And how am I going to tell the cops that I didn't do it.
The car holts to a stop and both police officers get out of the car. The bigger one opens the door, and pushes me out. I stumble. I feel dizzy, like I'm going to pass out. The smaller police officer puts his arm on my shoulder to steady me. Once I'm steady, they lead me into the police station.
I'm sitting all alone in a room, waiting to be interrogated. I put my head on the table in front of me, hoping that my headache will go away. The rest of my body aches. Abigail really did a number on me.

The door finally opens, and in walks a guy in his late fifties. He has a brownish gray mustache, his eyes are dark brown, and he has a receding hair line.
"I'm Detective Greg. Mind telling me what happened?"
I look at him for a moment. "Your never going to believe me."
"Try me."
I take a deep breath. "I don't remember what happened. I wasn't me when it all went down."
"What do you mean you weren't you?"
"My dead Aunt Abigail was in control of my body when it all went down. She hurt Mrs. Hemlock."
The detective laughs. "Ghosts aren't real. Now, I'm going to have to ask you to take a polygraph test."
"A poly what test?"
"A polygraph test. It tells me whether or not you're telling the truth."
"Detective, I assure you I'm telling the truth."
"That's what they all say."
I think about it for a moment. How do I convince the detective that I didn't do this? The answer pops into my head. My camera. It has all the proof I need to clear my name.
"Detective, I need to make a phone call."
"To whom?"
"My parents. I don't want them to worry about me plus I have evidence at home that I didn't do this."
The detective looks at me skeptically. "Fine. You get one phone call, so I suggest you make it count."
The detective pulls out his phone.
"Phone number?" He asks.
I tell him my home phone number, and he dials it. He puts the phone on speaker, so I can hear. The phone rings twice, and then I hear someone answer. "Hello? Who is this?" Definitely Hannah's voice. "Hannah, it's me, Chelsea."
"What do you want this time, Abigail?"
"Abigail is gone. She framed me for something I didn't do. She hurt Mrs. Hemlock."
"Oh my God. I helped Abigail sneak out of the house. I'm the reason she got hurt."
"Why did you help her?"
"Because, she threatened to hurt you."
"Hannah, I need your help."
"To do what."
"I need you to get my camera. I hid it in my closet."
"I can do that. Anything else?"
"Tell Mom and Dad I'm okay and tell them to get down to the police station as soon as possible."
"Will do." Hannah replys, hanging up the phone. I stare at the phone, as the detective snatches it off the table, and puts it back in his pocket.
"That was certainly an interesting conversation."
"My parents are going to be here in a little bit."
"I know. I heard the whole conversation. You're still taking that test."
"All take any test you want me to take. Just wait tell my parents get here."
"Okay, but after you present your evidence your taking that test."
"Understood." I reply, putting my head down on the table.
The detective doesn't say anything. Although, I can feel his intimidating eyes staring at me. I don't care. My body is physically too weak and exhausted to think about anything. I feel myself drifting off into a deep sleep. I don't even try to stop myself. I'm just feed up with the whole thing.

My eyes fly open, and I jump out of my chair, to the sound of the door opening. The big police officer appears in the doorway. "Miss Thomas's family has arrived."
"Send her family in." Detective Greg replys.
"Right this way." The police officer says, escorting my family into the room. Hannah, comes running at me, the first she does is look into my eyes.
"You're back." She squeals, giving me a hug. All I want to to is hug her back, but I can't, because I'm in handcuffs.
"Do you have my camera?"
"Yes." Hannah replys, holding it out.
"Did you watch it? Is all the evidence still there?"
"All the evidence is still there. I just wish that I would have found it sooner."
"May I see that? Detective Greg asks.
Hannah hands the camera to the detective. He snatches it out of her hands, and replays the video. As he watches, disbelief shows in his face. I listen to the video silently. When he finishes, he looks up at me.
"Do you believe me now?"
"As crazy as this video may seem, I do believe you."
"Does that mean---
"Your innocent? The detective finishes my sentence. "Yes, I believe it does."
I smile. "Can I get these handcuffs off now?"
Detective Greg looks down at my hands. "Brant." He yells. The big police officer comes bustling through the door. "Yes, Greg?"
"Get these handcuffs off this young lady."
"Yes, Greg." Officer Brant obeys. Brant reaches into his pocket and pulls out a key. He then, puts the key into the handcuffs. I hear a click, and Brant lifts my hands out. I wiggle my fingers. It feels so good to be free.
"Brant, get Miss Thomas's parents the release papers."
"Yes, Greg. Anything else?"
"I'm good, thanks."
Officer Brant heads out of the room. I'm still kinda shocked when Detective Greg speaks. "Miss Thomas, follow me to the waiting area. My family and I follow him out. Once we're in the waiting room, I sit down in a chair. "Brant will be with you shortly." Detective Greg starts to walk away, but turns around. "Chelsea."
"Yes, Detective?"
"Don't make anymore deals with that ghost, because next time I won't go so easy."
"I won't." I assure him.
Shortly after the detective leaves, Officer Brant hands my parents the release papers. They fill them out, and we're free to go.
When we get home I head straight for the bathroom. I look at myself through the mirror and notice that I have a black eye, and dried up blood coming out of my nose. I get a washcloth out of the drawer, douse it in warm water, and wipe all the dried blood off my face. When I finish, I get my toothpaste and brush out. As I'm brushing my teeth, Abigail appears in the mirror.
"I'm surprised you got out of jail this quickly."
I spit the toothpaste out of my mouth. "The detective believed me when I said I was possessed by a ghost."
"You just got lucky. Next time I'm in your body you may not."
"There will be no next time."
"All hurt Hannah."
"I'm not afraid of your threats anymore. You're just a big coward."
I turn on my heals and head into my room, Abigail's icy presence following me. I ignore it, and pull back the covers on my bed. Abigail, taps me on the shoulder, I don't turn around.
"Nobody walks away from me."
"I just did." I reply. "Now, I suggest you leave me the Hell alone, or I'll douse you with Holy Water."

Abigail backs out of my room, and into the hallway. She soon disappears into thin air. I go to my dresser and dip my finger in a bottle of Holy Water. I make the sign of the cross on my body, and then I go over and kneel by my bed. I say three Hail Mary's, five Our Father's, and I pray to God to protect my family against Abigail. After I'm done, I go over shut the light switch off, and climb into bed. When my head hits the pillow, I'm fast asleep.