Chapter 15

Chapter 15//

I was too engrossed with the sky that I didn't notice that our session times have both been up for way to long.  So I stand up and pull Derrick to his feet too.

I make my way back to my therapy room after saying goodbye to Derrick and I sit and wait outside the door.  I was leaning back when suddenly the door falls open and there stands Dr. Lorraine.

I was now laying on my back, half of my body inside the room and half in the hallway.  She was looking down on me and laughed a little. 

"It's way past the end of my session, what're you still doing here?"  She smiles at me and pulls me into her room.  I like this side of her.

"Well I couldn't just leave and wait till next session to hear you and Derrick details!"

I laugh a little bit and take a seat on the all-to-familiar couch.  She takes a seat right next to me and pulls her legs up so she is sitting, like how young kids would call it; criss-cross-applesauce.  Her hands are on both knees and her face is lit up in anticipation.

"Well?"

I lift my eyebrow and look at her forehead instead of her eyes.  "Well what?"

She shakes her head and smiles a little, "What happened with you and Derrick!"

"Nothing happened."  She looks a little disappointed but she masks it quick with a sympathetic smile. 

"Don't worry I'm sure something will happen sooner or later."

I shrug my shoulders in a 'it's whatever' way, but it isn't a 'it's whatever' kind of situation.  I think I may have real feelings for Derrick.  I look down at my feet.

"When is my car coming to pick me up?"

Dr. Lorraine purses her lips and pulls out her phone.  "They've been here for a while, but I told them we were having a serious conversation so they needed to wait."

I really really really like this side of her.

"Thank you."

She smiles with all her teeth, "Of course Gwen!  Ya know, when I was your age, I was infatuated with this young fella that just took my breath away.  Too bad he stuck it to another girl while we were dating and got her knocked up." Dr. Lorraine shakes her head in disapproval, "poor baby wasn't even cute.  Ugly little thing looked like it constantly had constipation."

I fall back in my seat laughing so hard that it's hard to control the snorts that are trying to escape my nostrils, but then all of sudden Dr. Lorraine let a few slip here and there.  So I let go and snorted which only made both of us laugh even harder.

When the laughter died down, we were wiping our tears from our eyes, Dr. Lorraine said, "I wish you could be happy like that all the time."

All I could think about was how I wished the same thing. Laughing felt a whole lot better than stressing.

"You better get going now. You've got a group session later today."  I nod and hop up from my seat.

I climb in the car thinking about the past few hours with a smile on my face. It was a hectic session.  First Jackson, then Dr. Lorraine, and then Derrick. 

Jackson.

I forgot again.

What was I going to say to him the next time I saw him.  Which was today.  Shit.

I don't want to say the wrong thing to him, but somehow I always say the wrong things.  Maybe I should let him talk to me first.

I decide that I will figure it all out when I see him.  Hopefully it'll come to me when I do, and I'll have plenty of time to talk to him since we are partners.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry these are such short chapters!  I haven't updated this story in forever so I'm just trying to get back into the flow!  Hope you enjoy!  Feel free to comment and like!