Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Welcome to the Oak Avenue's youth therapy session. We have a new spirit with us here today. Why don't you stand up and introduce yourself." Everyone was looking at me. Their stares made me want to shrivel up like a turtle and hide in my shell. My cheeks instantly became cherry red and my eyes went anywhere except the eyes that were surrounding me in a circle around an alphabet rug.

The woman running the group motioned for me to stand up so I did as I was told and stood.

"I'm -erm- Gwen Summers. I am 16 years old, and go to South West High." I sat back down and slumped in my plastic chair, but the lady didn't think that was enough.

"Would you mind telling us your disorders?" she asks me.

I stand back up. Prepared to make a fool out of myself. I take multiple deep breathes.

"I come from," I clear my throat, "Des Moines, Iowa, and I am recovering from um-anorexia." I look up to see nothing but blank stares. They aren't judging me and they aren't throwing mean words at me. This is a change for once.

"Would anyone else like to share?"

A hand shot up quickly. The hand connected to a red headed girl with a bubbly smile. Her smile was growing from ear to ear. To be honest, it was quite intimidating. She looked too positive to be participating here.

The boy to my right was dressed in all black and the girl to my left was shivering and rubbing her arms furiously trying to warm herself up. I would of given her a jacket if I had one with me, but something about this red head didn't add up correctly.

She threw herself out of the chair. "Hi everyone! My name is Carlene," she awaits as we all say Hello Carlene, "I am from Dayton, Iowa and I suffer from bipolar disorder. I come from a family of 12 and my bipolarity made me stick out from them but they still love me either way."

She giggled and sat back down. She was weird, but so was I, so I had no room to judge her in this messed up life of mine.

The rest of the session was a complete blur, I just wanted to get out of there. The cream walls were so suffocating and I wasn't the only one that thought so because every time I looked over at Carlene she was bored out of her mind but still had a smile on.

"Ok. Thank you for coming today. I will see you all tomorrow." It was finally done. I grabbed my purse which was only filled with chap stick and a few pieces of gum. The guards at the rehabilitation center had taken the blade I had stored away in the secret pocket.

I stand up and grab my bag.

"You're Gwen right?"

I look up to see a handsome face. His eyebrows crinkle together. I nod my head. He pushes his glasses up, which I noticed were Marc Jacobs.

"I'm Jackson." He holds his hand out for me to grab, but I keep my arm contrapted by my sides. It was such a stupid decision to wear short sleeves.

Jackson rubs the back of his neck awkwardly, "and you're Gwen. I heard you say that you're from Des Moines, I had a friend there. Did you know a Lele?

A Lele. Yes I knew a Lele, but I did not like to look back and remember her. For she was never very kind to me. Maybe it is a different Lele.

"Lele who?"

"Pawns. Lele Pawns."

"Yes. I do know her." My bad day just turned into an even worse day.

"She spoke of a Gwen often." He laughed and said "My car just showed up. I will see you next session I guess."

What did she say about me? The Lele Pawns spoke about me? I guess I will find out next therapy group session.