Chapter 6 : Your Smile Makes Me Smile

(In case any of you will get confused, it is the day before the interviews! 😊)

Today is an off day. A day to get tips from our mentors. Tomorrow is interview day. The next day is the games. I am screwed.

"Glimmer." I open my eyes. "Ugh. Can't you let me sleep?!" I say. "Nope." says Marvel. I sigh. "Okay, I will be out soon."

I put on skinny jeans and a fancy shirt. It's pretty cute actually. I go out into the dining area wear everyone waits for me. A few Avoxes get our breakfast ready. I can't wait to eat. It's waffles and bacon. "Okay so first tip is to never step off your pedestal early. It will um...uh...let's say explode to make it less disgusting." Says Cashmere.

"Usually other mentors tell the tributes to never go into the Cornucopia, but they still do it. Because your the Careers people expect you to go into the Cornucopia. You can if you want. Because the tributes are a little dumb and don't listen they will run in and give you a chance to kill them. It's called The Cornucopia Bloodbath." Says Gloss. Marvel looks at me and winks.

"I'm proud of you guys. You both scored a 9!" Says Orchid. "That's normal for a Career." I put down my fork. "Thank you for the tips. I am going to look at Capitol Magazines." I say.

"There is a lot of beautiful clothing in the magazines. Marvel comes in. "Hey." He says. He sits on the bed looking over my shoulder because I am sitting on the floor. I flip through the pages. "Oh my gosh! I love this ring." I can't help but smile. I look up at Marvel. "Isn't it beautiful!" I say. He has a straight face, but then he smiles. "Yes it is. Like you." He says. I look back down at the magazine. "Ooh I want these shoes, too!" I say. I put down the magazine. "So much stuff I can't get." I say. I stand up. "So your just going to sit there and not say anything?" I say smiling. He looks up and smiles.

"Oh your finally happy for once." I pick on him.

"Your smile makes me smile." He says.

I pause a bit, feeling sad. Only a little. "I'm glad someone sees me as me. Not as some beauty queen. I don't like that." I say.

"Your you. I see that. But to me, your also a princess. In your way though." He says.

I smile. And he smiles too.