Chapter 8 : Goodbyes

It is the morning of the games. I am kind of tired because I couldn't sleep last night, but I am sure the games will wake me up. I put on my brownish-red t-shirt and my navy green pants. I but on boots. Cashmere helps me style my hair into pigtails. "Make our district proud." she says. I smile but I most likely won't. Marvel is wearing something similar to me. I know as long as we stick together I will be fine. If people come to attack us someone will protect me and Azora...possibly. I have a death list and it is the female tributes from 6 and 7.

Cashmere and Gloss instruct us to the elevator. We wait for it to come, and we get it. She presses the rooftop button. I turn to Marvel. "If you could can you please make sure no other tribute get's the bow and arrows? I know Katniss is skilled in it." I say.  "Yeah I'll make sure. I will also make sure to kill those girls that was mean to you." he says. When we arrive at the rooftop, we say our goodbyes to Cashmere and Gloss. We go into the hovercraft and sit down. Soon, Cato and Clove come in. Tributes come by district. The hovercraft starts to fly and while we wait for it to land a lady comes around putting trackers in our arms. 

We meet up with our stylists. I pretend to be eager to into the games when I am really not. Valeria hands me a coat. "You look great. And you be sure to show them that. Have fun." she says. I most likely won't have fun. I step into the tube and wait for it. Soon a clear glass wall goes around me. I stand there looking at a wall, until I hear a click and I start rising up. My heart is beating fast.

A bright light flashes before me, and I am in the arena.