Chapter 10 : Hey, Loverboy

I wake up, seeing Clove and Cato already up. "Oh Glimmer! Look what we got!"says Clove. She shows me 6 mini rolls. She gives me one, Cato one and she breaks another off for herself. "What time of day is it?" I ask. "I would say around lunch time." says Cato. Azora is flinching around. I hate seeing her like this so I shake her awake. "Your alright. It was just a dream." I comfort her. She looks at me and says something sad. "Yeah but the Games isn't a dream."

Later that day we fool around. "How about we split up and search for resources. Azora search for water. Marvel look for firewood. Me and Clove will hunt. Peeta stay here and guard the camp. Glimmer can gather food like nuts, and berries. Stay away from Nightlock. They are purple and leave a red stain on your hands. Let's go." says Cato. Azora looks at me. "Wait! Can I go with Azora. Please?" I ask. "Go ahead." says Cato.

"I thought it was you and Cato." says Azora. I sigh. "Me too, but maybe Cato knows I suck." I say.

"Your not that bad."

"Your not that bad either. That was amazing what you did. How are you able to cut a boys legs? I always thought you wouldn't hurt a fly."

"I manage."

"Whatever you say."

"Do you like Cato?"

"Why does everyone ask me that? And, a little. I don't think he likes me. We are just pretending for the sponsors."

"I was just asking because I think Marvel likes you, a lot."

"You think so?"

"Yes. I feel like he gets sad when your with someone else, and when your near or talking to him he is just super smiley."

"Umm...I mean. He got me this poisonous spike ring and I did kiss him the night before the games started."

"Then you must like him too. Why didn't you just love him instead of Cato for sponsors?"

"We thought they would like me and Cato better."

"Here's water." Azora kneels down by the river and gets water. "You better be watching my back." She says. "I am. Not sure if I will be able to do much damage though." I say. She fills up the 4 canteens we have and we leave. "Just saying but have you ever seen the way Cato looks at Clove?" Asks Azora. "Yes I have." I say.

We pack up our stuff and start walking away. We see a campfire in the distance. "Let's see what idiot built a fire." Says Cato. We walk towards it trying to be careful. It's the girl from 8. She notices we are behind her and Catp gets out his knife and hands it to me. She screams and I stab her in the back. "Let's go. Let them gather her corpse." Says Cato. We walk away. "She was like: NOOO PLEASE DON'T HURN ME!" I say. They all laugh. "What a prick. Hey Loverboy, you sure she went this way." Asks Cato. Peeta steps up. "Yeah, I saw one of her traps back there." Cato shakes his head. "I haven't heard the cannon, you sure she's dead?" Asks Clove. Cato looks at Peeta. "Loverboy go back and kill her." I can tell Peeta is uneasy about this but he obeys. We hear the cannon finally go off and Peeta returns. We keep walking up and we find a place to rest for the night. I was getting tired anyway.

Instead of laying beside Cato tonight, I lay beside Marvel. The sky shows the girl from 8. "Your Closer to the crown." Says Marvel.

Now that I think about it I will be Cato winning. He would never let someone like me or Marvel win. He's just to in it.