Part 3: Dead Poets

July 4th 2016

Dear Seas,

Perhaps sullen is not the best word for my mood; rather I am sad, reflective and a bit more mortal with yet another poet leaving us. We are a community, poets, both living and dead, because the dead poets continue to speak to us through their words, and that reminds me of the movie, "Dead Poet's Society," starring Robin Williams, a master of projecting moods. Most of William's work in movies focused on death, and because death was on his mind a lot, he would be accepted; for the role in "What Dreams May Come," was another favorite of his movies, and it is because of the artist's theme, that I relate with it.

You can't share your thoughts unless you write or someone writes about you. A dead person only communicates two things; he or she lived, and they died. Jesus never wrote a thing down, others wrote about him and his teachings; a greater testament to your life is to have others write about you. But mix that in with your own words and you have a more complete picture of the person, what they thought and what others thought of them.

Yes, we are forever a part of an immortal community, first the community of human beings and secondly, we are poets, a breed unto themselves. Some say you have to have your words written in a book to live on. Not so. You just have to live on in the hearts of others that is the paper upon which we write. I don't want to lose another soul, one who steps off "The Ride," but we will...perhaps it will be me who leaves, we never know, but without doubt the poet's spirit lives on in the hearts of others, in the collective consciousness of all, or in the words they write. Long live the poet!

 Long live the poet!