INDEPENDENCE DAY

"WOOOOOO 'MURICA!!!"

The four of us stood downtown, surrounded by the old-timey buildings and shops and restaurants, and the cold, starry dark.

"I.. am.. so.. ready!!" Celeste wove around her little handheld American flag.

"DONALD TRUMP!!!" Emma shouted, fist pumping the air.

"Please, let's celebrate America while it's still... America." Tiphanie said with a sigh.

"WHO'S STRONG AND BRAVE HERE TO SAVE THE AMERICAN WAAAAY?!?!?!!?!!" I yelled on the top of my lungs, waving around my red, white and blue glow stick decorated wrists.

"Oh my god, Serena. You have been singing that nonstop all freaking day." Celeste scolded at me.

"Yeah, dial it down, Crackers." Emma added.

Tiphanie pulled on her American-colored Batman necklace over her head and hit the button, and it began to flash colors and glow.

"Tiphanie what is that." Celeste squinted.

"A fashion statement!"

"Of course it is oh my gosh."

We all pulled up our fandom-decorated lawn chairs and sat in them, eating 4th of July cupcakes and such. We gobbled down a few, and on our third round, we began to hear popping noises.

"GUYS! IT'S STARTING!!" Emma cheered gleefully.

"YAAAAAAAAYY!"

We sat and watched the beautiful array of fireworks, all shapes and sizes, colors and patterns. We each took turns commenting our favorites and our leasts and things in between.

"I like the ones that pop, and then sizzle down afterwards." I said happily.

"I like the ones that are blue!! Blue is faaabbuullloouuss!!!" Tiphanie mumbled through a mouthfull of blue cupcake.

"I like the red ones that turn white. And the ones that are huuuge also. They make a huge pop." Celeste smiled.

"I like the ones that whistle when they go up. Like WHEEEEEEEEEEEW- POP!" Emma yelled, immediately followed by one of those exact fireworks she was describing. "SEE?? THOSE!!"

"Yeah." We all smiled at the amount of freedom surging within us.

"STALWART AND STEADY AND TRUEEEE!!" I suddenly broke out into song.

"No."

"SEE HOW THIS GUY CAN SHOOT, ILL TELL YA, THERES NO SUBSTITUTE!!" Tiphanie added in the background singer's part.

"FOORCEFUL AND READDY TO DEFEND THE RED, WHITE AND BLUEEE!!"

"Nnnnnnnno."

"WHO'LL GIVE THE AXIS A SACK AND IS AS SMA-"

"Serena shut the poopy crap up for America's sake."

"....."

"Why don't we get out the firecrackers and sparklers?" Emma suggested, standing up and reaching into our little bag.

"YAY!"

Emma handed two firecrackers and one sparkler to each of us.

"YAY!!" Celeste and I opened the firecrackers and threw them at the ground, full thrust, causing two loud popping noises.

"AAAH! GUNSHOTS IN THE AREA!!" Tiphanie screamed.