Realisation

Tyler was left alone in the 'blind room' which is for the prisoners who commit crimes in the Asylum. Only 1 prisoner was locked in the 'blind room' and that was Black Neck. He killed Sister Judith in 1877 because Ruby made him do it in exchange for a way out of the Asylum. But he never got it so he died in the 'blind room' from suicide. He left a note covered in blood in the cell 'Ruby, your soul will capture me'.

Tyler went totally crazy in there, he was circling around the room 24/7 repeating 'Ruby, your soul will capture me'.

10 days later Dave and Kevin from Jail showed up to talk to Tyler.
"Do you know what you did?" asked Dave frowning "It was Him" answered Tyler. "Black Neck?" he asked "It's not Black Neck, he's name is Blurryface" said Tyler "How did i end up in prison?" asked Tyler.

"You're a murderer. You're a PSYCHOPATH! YOU KILLED YOUR BEST FRIEND JOSH . You killed 56 people in 5 days. You were wearing a red mask and your neck was covered in black paint, and your hands too. When you came to prison you introduced yourself as BlurryFace and you were writing Josh all over your walls the first day in your cell. That's what happened."

Tyler was left in the
blind room for the next 20 years until
BlurryFace finally 'took' him