2

"Just let me help." I beg, looking over at Clint's body laying on a table on the quinjet. "I can heal him more."

"He's doing okay and you're tired. You've done enough." Steve states, placing his hand on my shoulder as I bounce on my toes. I can't decide if I'm jittery from watching a friend suffer when I can help, or my run in with Sonic earlier. There's just something about him that seems so familiar, but I can't place my finger on it.

"When you punch, make sure your wrist stays firm for more power. Some of these people won't react to a lighter hit." Steve starts critiquing my fighting and tells me that we'll train again tomorrow to work on it.

"You have to stop looking over your shoulder at me in a fight, Steve. You'll end up getting yourself hurt."

"I know. I just don't want you getting hurt."

"I'll heal." I smirk at the literal meaning behind my words but Steve just rolls his eyes at me. This team does a lot of eye rolling.

"Thor," Natasha says from her place on the ground in front of Banner. "Report on the Hulk?"

Thor turns towards them to respond. "The gates of Hell are filled with the screams of his victims." My eyes go wide as Nat glares at him, Banner simply groaning in despair. "Uh, but, not the screams of the dead, of course. No, no, uh, wounded screams, mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and, and, uh, and gout." I bring my hand up to my forehead as Nat continues to glare at Thor. That was not the report she had wanted.

The jet lands on top of the tower and we all file out, Maria meeting us outside. She tells Steve about Strucker and I follow behind them while they talk about the enhanced.

"Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins." So Sonic's name is Pietro. "Orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history. It's no where special, but it's on the way to everywhere special."

"And their abilities?" I ask, causing Steve to turn around to look at me, as if he hadn't even realized I was there.

"He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neutral electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation." Steve turns his head to look over at her with a strange look on his face. He obviously didn't understand a word she just said. "He's fast and she's weird."

"Well, they're going to show up again." Steve states.

"Agreed. File says they volunteered for Strucker's experiments. It's nuts." Who would want to agree to experimentation like that?

"Right. What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?"

"We're not at war, Captain."

"They are." I send a quick wave to Maria as the elevator doors close. "So, you called the first enhanced Sonic?"

"Yeah. Like that video game with the blue hedgehog and he's supposed to be really fast. It came out in the 90s but I never really played it, I just know what it is."

"No, I understood the reference."

"Then why'd you ask?" We look at each other at the same time once I notice his hesitation.

"Yeah I didn't understand the reference." I can't help but laugh as I step out of the elevator so I can head over to Bruce's lab where they're fixing Clint.

I walk into the lab directly behind Tony and see that the machine has already begun its work.

"Oh, he's flatlining. Call it. Time?"