11

I watch as all the people from Sokovia walk out of their homes. Wanda's going around and using some sort of mind control to get everyone out without any panic. Pietro went off to warn the police and is trying to get them to help with the evacuation.

I watch as more and more people leave. This is what we wanted. The Avengers have seen disaster, in New York especially. We had warning this time, and our main goal is to save as many people as possible and the easiest way to do that is to get them out before the real threat arrives.

Steve's speech echoes through my head, reminding me why I'm here.

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire, and that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out."

That's what we're doing now. Getting everyone to safety. This is our fight, not there's.

"All they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not going to happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done, and find out what Ultron's been building. We find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't about beating him. It's about whether he's right."

I'm watching people exit off the bridge in front of me. The cars are backed up and some have abandoned their cars altogether. We've kept it pretty well under control, but this could easily get out of hand very quickly.

And it does.

Out of what seems like no where, Ultron's little minions start appearing. They're climbing over the edges of the bridge and flying down at us from above.

"Get off the bridge!" Wanda yells at the civilians in front of me. "Run!"

I quickly leap into action, grabbing two long knives from the belt of my uniform. I take a deep breath, trying to ignore the slight pain in my side. I need to protect all these civilians. My pain doesn't matter.

I jump in front of a woman who was standing slightly in front of me as a bot dives down towards her. I use one of my knives to help me push him off its path and onto the ground before getting on top of it and disconnecting its head from the rest of its body.

I get ready to face another as I see it heading right towards me, until an arrow lands right in between its glowing eyes. I turn around to see Clint standing there smiling.

"You're still crippled."

"Don't babysit me, Clint. I'm fine."

"Do you really think I have time to babysit you right now?" He grabs another arrow and gets ready to fire at another bot. "You're not the only important thing here." I slightly laugh and shake my head before running in another direction, seeing if there's any other civilians in need of help.

After only running around 10 feet away however, everything begins to shake. Pietro shows up beside me as we watch the ground in front of us crumble.

"The city is rising!" I yell out as we end up a few feet above the ground below. "The civilians." I look at Pietro just as a group of people run by us, attempting to jump the short distance to safety below.

Pietro and I get back to the bridge, where we find bots continuing to come across and civilians trying to back away. Just before Pietro and I have the chance to do anything, Wanda gets in front of everyone and puts up some sort of force field, allowing the civilians to run to safety without being shot at.

Wanda then begins using her own power to rip the bots apart and throw them into each other while Pietro uses is speed to destroy more of them, and I feel pretty much useless. I'm able to destroy two of the bots using my knives in the time it took the twins the destroy the rest. I may be able to heal people but it doesn't help a whole lot with fighting.