Chapter 4

Harumi~

Yuma, Tokieda-senpai and I walked around Border, and it took some time to get to a place where all the C-ranks have a rank war. "Here, lets go into an empty booth and I'll show you how this works," he says. The three of us went into an empty booth and I was faced with a small room with a computer and a bed. It looked pretty promising, but I didn't understand how we were going to fight someone in such a room. 

When we stepped into the room, the light turned on and a voice said "Agents entry confirmed. Standby mode on." Tokieda-senpai then turned around and said, "The C-rank wars are basically a one on one fight on a virtual field. The procedure is simple." We then walked over to the computer which was also on. "There are weapons and points on the screen. Those are the agents that are currently in rank wars. Juts pick the opponent you want and then you can fight them. But, you may also get chosen by another agent. If by any chance you want to stop fighting, then just step out of the booth." Then Yuma asks a question, "But we want points as fast as possible so how do we achieve that?" I nodded. Tokieda-senpai said, "then you just have to pick an opponent with higher points and beat them. Therefore, you won't get as many points if you beat someone that has less points than you. And if you lose, then you will also lose a lot of points." Both Yuma and I nodded at the instructions and said, "I see. Thank you for devoting your time Tokieda-senpai." He then says, "No problem." then walks away. 

"I'll go into the booth beside you," I said to Yuma. "Okay, but then, we'll have to fight each other." I nodded while smiling and walked into booth number #307. I looked at the screen and chose to fight someone with 2000 points. After clicking on the guy, I was then transported to a neighbourhood (not the enemy). Before me was a boy who was cracking his knuckle. He smiled a pedo smile and came for me immediately after the woman said "Battle Start". He used his gun to shoot at me. But I dodged it. Then I pulled out my Kogetsu and went for, but he blocked it with a shield. But I broke then shield. His faced shocked, he saw that I was someone that he had to deal with. I saw him saying something to himself, so I shrugged and used my grasshopper to thing spring at him, with that spring I unscathed my Kogetsu once again and stabbed him. 

"These triggers are so tight, and all these meeden are to weak. My god." After saying meeden I quickly covered my mouth. I wasn't supposed to say that out loudly. This place could have cameras.

When the virtual world around me disappears, I appear back to my small room. I look at the list of fighters and see that Yuma is making his way to the top fast. I better do my best as well. 

I continued to fight with many people that were above me, but people that were below me also tried to defeat me. But once they realized who I was, they either bailed or didn't win. And so far, I haven't lost a single battle. I was now at the point where there were only two people who were left in my way. Yuma and Midorikawa Shun. I thought I told that brat to go away. 

At the moment, Yuma and Shun-san were fighting. Apparently, whoever won would be called senpai. Which I really thought was stupid. The both were short for their age and looked like children. I watched the battle and see that Shun-san was actually really good, he was keeping up with Yuma. 

The battle ended with the points being 2-8, Yuma had won. He walks down to the rest of us where saw the score once again. Shun-san then saw me and looked scared for a bit. Then he pointed at Yuma and pretty much shouted. While he did that, I ran up to where he was and said "sorry" as I bowed. He backs up a bit and looks confused.

"I shouldn't have spoken to you in that manner the last I saw you. I was being overprotective since Osamu has been really nice to me since I came here. I know all you really wanted was just a battle, so I'm sorry."

"I-Its fine. But if you're that sorry, you wouldn't mind battling my right now, would you?"

"It would be my pleasure."I said with a smile.

Thanks to his previous battle with Yuma, I knew most of Shun-san's attack patterns and what his trigger consisted of. This will be an easy win.

*** 

Our short but nice battle ended 10-0 in my favour. I walked out of the booth and saw Shun with his hand out to me. 

"Good game Harumi-senpai." 

I saw the pain and annoyance in his face, but that's all apart of learning. I shook his hand, bowed and said 'Good game.'