Chapter 5

Harumi~

As I walk down towards the hall alongside Yuma and Osamu, a middle-aged man calls out to the two. 

"HQ Director Shinoda!" 

"Is it fine if I borrow the two?" He asks me

"Oh, yes of course," I reply

The three walk away, and I thought to myself, "well, my side effect isn't going to help me this time." But either way, I slowly and carefully followed them, cause I was curious. I could tell that this Director knew about Yuma's true background, I mean otherwise, why else would he call Yuma too, same with Osamu. Honestly speaking, if it weren't for Yuma, Osamu wouldn't have come this far. And it's not like I hate Osamu or think he's weak, cause he actually isn't, he chose to face his fears and fight. That's something that not everyone can do.

The three of them arrive at the lunchroom and I see that Replica was out in the wide world for everyone to see. I used my side effect to read what the Director had in mind. And from what I could tell, there wasn't much ill intention, just wanted some info. Yuma gave border information about the 'neighborhood' world via replica and apparently, Shinoda knew Yugo-san and then he proposed to Yuma that he could move him up to B-Rank but he declined. And that was the end of their small conversation.

I wanted to act flashy and 'cool' afterward, so quickly let go of that other C-Rank and ran to the nearest wall and leaned against it. When they got up, Shinoda-san looked at me confusingly, but I made that face where I understood everything. When he left, I finally said, "Yuma, why'd you have to turn him down??"

"I'm pretty sure you heard my explanation." He replied

"Eh, Harumi-san, you were listening to us that whole time?"

"What do you expect, me to leave you along when one of the HQ directors come to see you?"

"Whatever, we should head back to Tamakoma, I'm getting tired," Yuma said

"You guys go on ahead, I'll stay for a while," I replied

"Are you sure?" Osamu asks

I nodded and whizzed away.

I wasn't actually at Border but I decided to go all the way north of Japan just to train with my black trigger. It's been some time.

I went far away from Border and said the words, "trigger, on." And with a blast, I was gone within a few seconds. I found myself at Rishiri Island isolated near a beach. I stretched as it felt good to be back. I snapped my fingers which summoned my book of spells. I sat down and read and studied. Even though I was basically the author, I still have to study the spells and make sure I understand the weaknesses and how to use it. And I can only memorize so much. 

I summoned a sword, a very simple but strong sword. It belonged to the person who always won first ahead of me. Wielding it in my hand was hard but manageable. I always found it ironic how I had all of his powers, but was never able to beat him. I guess a copycat won't work out. I jumped up high and started to float. "Push," I commanded the wind to push me atop the ocean. I then started to practice with the sword in the air. Then using one of my enemy's powers to summon neighbour's I fought with them one by one. I created my own virtual type of space so that no destruction would be caused to the meeden down below. 

The sword was strong enough to take the neighbors down with one hit, so I took away the sword and fought by hand. I summoned one of the stronger ones and started to jump around the space. This confused the neighbor and when I found his weak spot and with a tap, BOOM!  He was gone. I continued to fight and practice till all my trion almost tired out and that was a long time.