I Live!

It was beautiful May sunset. The perfect combination of orange, red, yellow and a touch of peachy light pink. It was perfect. The herd enjoyed dry Green Grass and bitter yellow dandelions. It was maternity season. The mares are ready to give birth any minute. But a mare has never given birth in the dark! Copper, the herd-leader was ready anyways. Second-in-command is Copper's mare Augustina. Every stallion fell in love with her. Next in the pecking order was Diablo, strongest in the herd. Then there is Sapphire, Augustina's best friend. Then Navarre, the other most playful. Then Cloud the wonderer. Last but not least, Rain. Rain is Navarre mate. Rain is also my mom.
"What is happening?" Says Navarre.
" I am giving birth!" Rain screams. She screams like a 12 year old got raped and the person who raped her stabbed her in the back.
"here she comes!" I pop out rains back-end.
"What's her name?"
"Mahogany!" Navarre says as if he were prepared for this very moment. Rain goes into more pain and drops to the floor. Yet another filly pops out Rains back end.
"Two? Two!" Navarre shouts.
"I know the name to..." Rain asks "please, do tell"
"Salana!" Navarre says it as if he was practicing for weeks maybe even months. So I am Mahogany, my twin is Salana. We are both Daughters of Navarre and rain. I want to say how honored i am to share who my parents are. But wait! My story continues.
...
As I lay on the pokey grass my sister starts to stand, first she gets to her knees in the front and falls. Soon she gets to all four feet from her knees and stands. My mother and father laugh as they praise Salana. However i think to myself
"I can do this easy as pie!" i try to stand as fast as i can and I drop to my knees. Again I try over and over and over. I could never do it as well as Salana. But I have to hoiste myself up onto my feet. I stood up! Yes! I did it!
" good job Mahogany!" Rain said. They didn't seem as proud when I stood up in comparison to Salana. I didn't care anyway.
" ok kids, drink from the Ice Cold River." Navarre said, I drop my lips into the river and drink nearly one gallon. Salana did the same. I sprinted from the water, around the herd, by Navarre and fell into the black-eyed Susans that glistened in the sunset
...

"This is Copper. When you have gone out of their herd he punishes you." That really wasn't necessary but I nod my head and move on.
" Augustina and Sapphire will watch you when we leave. Just play with Diablo when he isn't with Copper."
"ok!" We both say understanding clearly. Then there was a horn sound nearby. " Cloud, Ancore, Ohanzee, is that you!?"

" yes dear Rain." Encore walks up and hugs rain in Navarre. Cloud pushed Ohanzee towards Solana and I.
" this is Solana in Mahogany."
"oh! Hey..." Ohanzee and I exchanged looks.
" dad, do we have to do this!?"
" yes! For your mom." Cloud glares at Ohanzee.
" I would like to join your band!" Ancore says.
"well... Copper!"
"yes ma'am"
" could Ohanzee and Ancore join the band?"
" let me think about it."
Ohanzee and I exchanged glances again.
" why is he looking at me with those dark eyes?" I thought. Why? Why me? Does he like me? I don't like him so why me? Why not someone else? I am lost. I just smile and nod as our parents keep talking. His eyes pierce my soul. His eyes see right through my soul and into my heart. He loves me? We exchange another glance love is so strange. She loves me? But I hate him! I had mixed emotions. Anger, fear, hate, no happiness. No choice. Copper approached quickly and silently.
" I have come to a conclusion. They are very good friends. You may stay but you cannot leave."
" yes sir!" sir!"