Chapter twenty-four - The Innocent Man.

Charlotte's POV: 

And there's another vase smashed and another cut in my hand as I scream random cusses. I'm just so angry, George was talking to me and then cut me off and started flirting with this random Hufflepuff. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! I know he doesn't know I like him and he doesn't like me but still, he cut me off so he could flirt with a randomer and I just URGGHH! 

All my feelings are right on the surface since George kissed me and I can't help it. I'll be sat in class and all of a sudden I'll burst into flames or on the rare occasions that I'm in the Great Hall and every single liquid in the room will float upwards. It's so annoying.

I cry a lot at night when everyone else is asleep, I still can't get that much sleep maybe four hours if I'm lucky then I don't go to meals that often, I'm always too tired to go to the hall and I'm never that hungry so what's the point in eating if I'm not hungry, right?

I hear a knocking at my door so I click my fingers making all the shards fix back together then I answer the door, dreading who it might be on the other side. I open it to find Ginny and Hermione, thank goodness it's only them. I sigh in relief as I let them into my room 'Soooooooo, you're still not over George are you?!' Ginny says once the doors closed and we're all sat on the bed, my jaw drops at how open she's being about this

 'I don't know what you're talking about!' I lie and they both burst out laughing, not at me though; at my lie. Seriously can these girls read me that easily?

'Okay that's a lie, we heard you throwing and shouting things before. The only reason you have to do that is George!' Hermione says and I stare at the pair curiously for a moment before sighing. They aren't lying

'Am I that obvious?!' I ask them both looking up again and they giggle lightly

'No you aren't but because we both know you so well we can read you like an open book!' Ginny tells me and I feel a little relieved that no one else can tell

We talk about anything and everything for about an hour when Hermione gets up and leaves, Buckbeak is getting executed today, I feel bad about that, I sent Ruby down with a message to Hagrid saying I was sorry to hear the news and I also helped Hermione find some information in Buckbeak's defense, I'm not as close to Hagrid as the golden trio but since Harry's my brother I felt the need to send something.

10 minutes later Ginny left too since she had homework to do, I offered to help but I got a letter from Uncle R asking if I wanted to come down and have a butter beer with him so Ginny left.

I apparate into Lupin's office and see him sat looking down at an old piece of parchment, the marauders map! 

'How'd you get that back?!' I ask him and he looks up at me and smiles

'Harry had it but I took it off of him a couple weeks ago.' he tells me as he offers me a butter beer and we both sit down and look at the map. After a few minutes of silence Uncle Remus finally speaks 'No. No. No.' he shouted and sprang upwards towards the door.

'What? What is it?!' I ask him but he doesn't reply, I begin to follow him but he stops me

'Charlotte, stay here.' he warned but I shook my head

'Not bloody likely.' I tell him and he sighs in defeat as he takes my hand and we start to run through the school. He takes me out to the whomping willow, takes a stick and I watch as he prods a knot in the roots, the tree slowly stops moving and all its branches moved upwards making it look like a half normal tree.

Lupin hurriedly pulls me across the grass and through a hole in the trunk, the one I saw Padfoot go down the last time I saw him.

I yelp in pain as I whack my forehead off of sharp rock, I don't think Uncle Remus noticed though probably due to the fact that he's so determined to get to wherever we're going.