Chapter twenty-five - Goodbye Padfoot.

Charlotte's POV:

I walked through the small but long tunnel back to Hogwarts, I know I shouldn't have left but it was getting too intense and I couldn't sort my thoughts out and I just didn't know what else to do.

When I get to the end of the tunnel I decide to sit on the grass close enough to catch Pettigrew if he tries to escape but far enough so I don't get hit by the Whomping Willow, again.

-

-

It's dark out now but I'm still here, no one has come out yet and I'm sat waiting. I've been thinking my whole life over but the more I think, the more depressed I feel and the more I wish I just didn't exist but I know I need to stay, I need to protect everyone. I don't know why but I always feel the need to protect everyone I love. I don't care if I get hurt as long as they're okay then it doesn't matter how hurt, sad, angry or depressed I am.

I'm not mad or angry at Sirius, I over reacted once again and he only did it to save his butt and to be honest I'm glad he left because he was safe. If he came back he could be back in Azkaban right now and I definitely don't want that.

Finally, I see everyone climbing out of the Whomping Willow and I have this gut feeling that something isn't going to go to plan. So instead of going up to them I run and hide in the part of the forest closest to the Whomping Willow, it feels like the place to go if something wrong is about to happen.

I watch in silence as Uncle R turns into a werewolf and although that wasn't part of the plan I still have this feeling that that wasn't what my gut feeling was about. That's when I watch Pettigrew grab Uncle R's wand, turn back into a rat and then start scuttling straight towards me. I brace myself to get ready to catch him and when he finally comes he runs straight into my hands

'Didn't think you could get away that easily did you Peter?!' I say in a laughing tone but then he turns back into a man which obviously makes me drop him and he latches his hands around my throat.

'S-St-op...' I gasp as I claw at his hands

'Not so big and tough now with no one here for you, are you?!' he cackles and subconsciously loosens his grip on my neck enough so that I can get out of his grip and draw my fist back

'I've punched you once Peter, don't think I won't do it again.' I snarl and he smirks which sends me over board and I punch him right in the nose hearing a very satisfactory crunch. I bring my hand back and it's covered in blood which makes me smirk as I watch him fall to the ground.

I take out my wand and flick my wrists and watch as ropes fly out the end tying Pettigrew up. I realise too late that he can just transform back into a rat and he'd get out of them so I chased him deeper into the forest. I have never been more thankful in my life that I can sprint for absolutely ages but one thing I'm regretting is the lack of sleep and food I've had through-out the school year, if I had been eating and sleeping properly I'd have caught him straight away but now I've been chasing him for about 7 minutes and it's gradually getting harder and harder to keep up with him with the ever growing darkness and obstacles of the forest and the ever growing tiredness running through out my body.

'GET BACK HERE.' I yell for what seems like the hundredth time and to my surprise he stops and transforms back into a man and I get a burst of adrenalin which causes me to pounce on him and tackle him to the ground.

Pettigrew picks up a rock from the ground and before I can react smashes it into my head but I won't give up that easy, I can't.

He transforms into a rat, again but I already have a hold of him before he can run away. He twists and turns in my grip and even though I can feel my consciousness slipping away I keep my grip firm on the rat. I apparate to the castle, I don't know where abouts in the castle I am but I fall to the floor with a thud