Not a Social Summer

How I plan to spend my summer?

2 words.

At home.

That's exactly what I'm doing now on my laptop, catching up on all the wattpad stories I missed during finals. I have some Oreos and milk. I'm ready to go on a reading spree.

I open a book and start reading,I didn't spend a full 5 minutes in explore looking for good books for nothing.

About one hour later (at 4pm) I get a phone call, from Warren.

Hmm,this is the first time in 'decades' we are going to talk over the phone.

Should I answer?

Should I not?

I look at my laptop then at my phone, then at my laptop then at my phone.

I sigh, give in, and answer my phone.

"What," I say with a mad tone, just because I like him doesn't mean I didn't get mad for all the million times he's cancelled with me for Autumn. He also is disturbing my reading time, so I'm pissed.

"Wow I don't even say anything and you're already mad."

"Get straight to the point Ren" Usually I call him Rennie but since we have barely spoken in a year I don't even want to give him the privilege of a nickname.

"First, tell me why you're so mad."

Don't open that door!

"Bloody hell! Get to the damn point of this stupid call wasting my time."

"Ok, calm down! You wanna go to Reedy's?"

Reedy's is the park down the road from us.

"With you?"

"Yes."

"And Autumn?"

"Why do you ask if Autumn's coming?"

"Almost every time you or I have invited each other you always bring her and I end up third wheeling." I close my laptop so I can concentrate more on the conversation.

"No, you don't."

Now I'm really pissed!

" No you don't my butt you just too damn in lo..."

My heart starts hurting and all I think about is how much I want to be in her place. A tear rolls down my cheek and I sniff. He'll never understand my feelings, all the pain I have suffered over wanting him so bad.

"Whitney? You alright?"

He knows I'm crying.

"Whitney?"

"No, it's nothing." I say to my best attempt at hiding a crying-voice.

Please be dumb enough to ignore this...don't assume I like you. I'm screwed.

"You're crying there's something wrong."

You don't care, you faker.

"Is Autumn coming."

"No. Tell me why you crying."