Pure Fury

I can't believe she's here.

I turn to my right to try see her in my peripheral vision. Just incase it's not true, and misfortunately it is truly her.

I sigh and try to think of a plan. I cannot let her see me, at least not with Anthony, I'm not letting her ruin what I have with him, I know she would.

I conclude my mental plan and tap Anthony's shoulder and whisper, "I don't feel like waiting in this line and I'm getting hungry, let's just go to the fries stand."

"Chip more like."

I literally couldn't care less about the queens made up words.

"Let's just ditch. For chips." I whisper imitating his accent on 'chips'.

"Ok." He says a little too loud.

Right now Warren is a donkey compared to him.

We sit down at the chip stand which is on the other side of the carnival and we each order a large whilst Alexa orders party size.

A certain type of silence fills the space between the three of us. This silence is the type you get when you run out of things to say to a stranger. In this situation that stranger is Anthony.

And myself.

To be very honest this night I've started to grow onto Anthony. He has filled the gap that would normally appear when the thought of Warren would leave my head.

"So... When are you going to change your hair?" Alexa says to crack the ice.

Anthony looks up from fiddling with his fingers, "Actually... I have no excuse I just am comfortable with it."

"Are you actually emo?"

"Other than one song, I haven't touched My Chemical Romance."

"Interesting." Alexa says. I feel a gush of wind and the aroma of a salted summer breeze fills me, I'm content, in fact happy.

"You haven't said much." Anthony says turning to me.

My stomach tightens looking him directly in the eye, I say, "Any regrets?" I have officially shattered the ice and bedrock beneath it plunging this conversation into awkwardness.

"Not meeting you sooner."

I freeze, normal girls smile, blush and say something dumb like, "Oh my gosh stop it." But I froze I know Alexa is probably as shocked as I am.

Is this a flirt.

Is he flirting with me.

I glance swiftly to Alexa, which has a flirt back I wanna see what happens! look tattooed in her eyes, then I dart back to the diamanté littered eyes of Anthony.

How do I even flirt

What do I say

"I'll be your chemical romance." I immediately wink afterwards.

Chaos erupts in my head. Oh gosh that was so stupid. I'm a fool. What on this spherical planet self-named Earth did I just say.

I am internally screeching like a banshee.

Our chips arrive at the pickup counter and I go fetch it. I have no idea if by doing this I made things worse.

I sit and hand everyone their order. As Alexa puts ketchup on top of her fries she looks at Anthony dead in the eye and says, "Ah. Doesn't this just bring back memories. Don't know about Anthony but every event this town has has a freaking fries stand at it."

"We have chips in Britain ya know."

"You have chips not fries." I say, with internal turmoil that has a hope that he forgets if I change the subject.

"It's the same bloody thing."

Just before our argument gets political and I make a tea dumping reference Alexa frowns and I turn around.

Just as I expected Paul and the thing that shall not be named just arrived to the (rigged) ring toss carnival game about 80 feet away from us. I see Paul throwing rings, probably missing, and then I see a teddy bear half the size of himself in his arms.

He looks as if he is going to give it to it when he rips open the teddy from the chest and takes out a chunk of stuffing followed by another chuck, he's gutting a teddy bear.

We can hear it scream clearly, "You swearword! I can't believe swearword anotherswearword-"

"Is he insane?" I hear Alexa shout, though not loud enough for Paul and the other one to hear.

He looks as if he's looking for something in the teddy bear.

He pulls out a small dark box from an eruption of fluff and I don't realise what it is until he goes down onto one knee.

I am internally screaming beyond human hearing.

He slips the ring onto her finger.

I want to forget this moment.

I refuse to be related to her.

They kiss.

"Is that your ex?" Anthony says.

I can't even respond. All I do is get up so abruptly that the table rocks back and forth then I walk home.

I want to escape this night.