Unexpected goodbye

Warrens POV

Anthony is bad news!

Anthony looks like he gets a new girl every time I open a door.

Whitney has never had boy experience in her life and I don't wanna see her hurt over some douche. Especially if it's her first experience at love.

I am barely listening to anything Autumn is saying about prom next year, I honestly couldn't care less, all I'm thinking about is how would I comfort Whitney when she gets broken hearted.

I know we've drifted apart over the past year and I need to make up for it.

I have more of a gut feeling that I shouldn't trust Anthony, that something bad will happen in future, because of him. I told Whitney to meet at her house at 3 it'll give her enough time to end her date, besides I've sacrificed a lot for her, a lot of time, with Autumn.

I slide out my phone to check the time, 10:10.

I ate my entire frozen yogurt way too fast for my own good.

I notice that Autumn isn't even halfway through her frozen yogurt, and is on her phone. She looks at me then pulls a concerned look as she looks back down to her phone.

"Warren, I'm so sorry. I have to leave on short notice."

"Wait, you're leaving?" I want this date to end and not end at the same time, mainly because I'm concerned about Whitney.

"Sorry, it's quite urgent. Good thing we came in separate cars."

Before she gives me the chance to respond she flashes a smile at me and leaves quicker than what I thought she was capable of.

The fact that she left so quick and didn't care about my response really hurts. It doesn't surprise me at all that she would be cheating on me.  I feel like I was holding a puppy then it ran off away from me, a feeling of a broken heart.

Ok Warren, let's prioritise Whitney just for a second, because I don't want her to feel how I have been feeling recently. I know that girls feel way worse when they get broken hearted, and Anthony would just laugh at her sorrow. I dislike that boy for potentially abusing her feelings.

I take out my phone and call Whitney if she can hang out at my place, because I feel more comfortable at my own house, besides she loves my house.

I wait an agonising few seconds before she answers,"Hey. Whitney are you doing anything now?"

"Nothing. Why?"

"Can you come over to my place I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Ok,so not at 3."

"No right now."

"Ok."

I hang up in guilt, maybe she's hurt and me being so direct just worsened her fragile soul.

I arrive at my house seeing Whitney,smiling with a sheepish smile. She probably knows I saw her.

I park my car in the driveway and approach her.

"I need to talk to you. But serious talking."

She just looks at me, even though she didn't reply, her eyes did for her, she knows.

We go inside and I grab a bag of chips.

"To the hammock," I say with too much enthusiasm for what I want to discuss with her.

"I love your hammocks."

I used to have 2 hammocks in my backyard between three trees. A few months ago a few of my friends pushed one of them to limit of maximum people it can hold. My mom didn't like having one odd single-person hammock so she donated our other one and got one large hammock, which is perfect for me to cuddle Autumn in, correction, it was perfect for us.

We go into my garden as we approach the hammock Whitney gives me a look, I can't really decipher it, we haven't talked a lot like this in a long time, maybe one day I'll know.

I lay in it and she looks at me then at the hammock almost in confusion then lays next to me. She feels like Autumn when we lay here and just talk about random things.

I get straight to the point,"Are you and Anthony a thing." I didn't plan that sentence at all.

She delays her answer suspiciously,"No."

"Oh I just saw you 2 at Yofreeze."

"Nah, it's nothing trust me."

I don't trust her fully.

"Really?"

"Why do you care?"

"Cause you're my best friend."

"Have you found anything more about  Autumn."

My heart hurts a little at that statement, the closest description to the feeling is if my heart contracted out of nowhere.

"No. Nothing really. Not like I don't trust her." I need a girls opinion on this. "Do you think she would? You know, commit adultery."

"Woah! Woah! You guys aren't married!"

"I still love her."

She opens the packet of chips and eats a few chips simultaneously.I think I made this moment awkward with my statement.

She leans back accidentally that her head is on my chest, my heart rate escalates too quick and she probably notices which contributes to the magnitude of power my heart is pumping. I put my arm around her in order to make myself comfortable

And for some reason this feels right.