Willowbrook

Hi! My name is Emily. I'm 16 and I'm an aspiring show jumper. I ride at Willowbrook riding centre, and have done for nearly 5 years now. Of course I have a favourite horse there, her name is Elsie. She's a 16.2 hand Thouroughbred mare and she's so beautiful. She's amazing at jumping too! We win every single competition together. Since she's a difficult ride, I'm the only person that rides her really, so I can treat her like my own. Now.. My family doesn't really have the money to help me ride, so the owner of Willowbrook lets me work in return for free rides and lessons. It's a little bit embarrassing, but it's better than nothing!

I wake up super early today. Yes! It's show day! Today Elsie and I will try and qualify for the biggest show of my life. Badminton Horse Trials. My dream has always been to be the youngest rider to win badminton and I know Elsie is the horse to take me there. Alice, who owns Elsie says she agrees, and Elsie can take me to the top. The badminton entry fees are pretty steep, so I had to save for months.. Luckily we live in Bristol! I get out of bed and put on my favourite jodhpurs, some forest green ones my Mother bought me, and my Ariat shirt. I pull on an old hoodie over the top as its freezing outside. Then I grab my boots, say goodbye and head out the door. Geez! It's freezing! It's 5:30 Am and it's so cold! I jump on my bike and cycle all the way down to Willow brook. I dump my bike by the entrance and run in. Elsie's standing there in the cross ties, her mohagony bay coat gleaming. Definitely worth washing her last night! I run into the tack room and grab her blue shipping boots, and her matching fly sheet. She's already got her fancy leather head collar on that Alice bought me. I run back out again and strap the boots to Elsie's legs. I fling the sheet over her and stand back  admiring her. "Hurry up! Haven't got all day!" I untie Elsie's Leadrope and walk her to the trailer. Crossing my fingers that she'll load, I gently tug the rope and she follows, placing her hooves on the ramp. I tie her up and she tucks into her Haynet. I hold out one of her favourite treats and pat her neck. Alice pulls up the ramp and I jump out the little jockey door. I jump in the passenger seat of Alice's big Land Rover and the car gently starts rolling down the drive.. We're on our way to Badminton!

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed the first part! The second one will be out soon!!