Showjumping

The final day. It's gone so quick! I can't wait for showjumping. The course is difficult, but not impossible. Down at the stables I start tacking up Elsie. I place her grey saddle pad on and do up her saddle. Then her grey monogrammed ear bonnet, followed by the bridle then the grey boots. Finally, I got myself ready. I put on my new jacket Alice bought me and my white jodhpurs. My black sparkly hat and my tall boots. I grabbed the black crop I bought yesterday with a squishy handle and bogged down to the stable yard. I got Elsie out and mounted, before walking down to the warm up ring. In the middle of the ring was a vertical, about a metre high. On the left side, was a triple all about a metre 20 high. Then on the right side was an oxer. I warmed Elsie up over the vertical first, then I took her over the oxer. Finally, over the triple before the loudspeaker announced it was my turn in the ring. I gathered my reins, and cantered in, circling all the jumps. The bell sounded out, signalling us to begin. I cantered the perimeter once more then cantered towards the first jump. Elsie got in close and scrambled over. The pole rocked, but it didn't fall. Next was an oxer. It wasn't wide, but it was tall. Elsie soared over it. Next was a triple. Hup! Hup! Hup! And we're over! The final 3. A simple but tall vertical.. And we're over! A large oxer.. We're over! And finally another vertical.. Over! We've finished! We've won! We won badminton horse trials! The crowd went wild as I stood in my stirrups, waving my helmet about. Finally I brought Elsie back to trot. There was nobody Else after us as we were the last to go, so it was now prize giving. We got handed the massive badminton trophy, it was amazing! We cantered our victory lap, with Izzy Taylor second and Mary King 3rd on Apache Sauce.

I got handed the check, but didn't think to look and shoved it in my pocket.

After I'd untacked Elsie, I loaded her up and Alice, Elsie and I left the badminton grounds.