Chapter 4

The crate was about to fall on Zane, and his eyes instinctively shut as he braced for impact.

It never came.

Zane opened his eyes to see the Green Ninja tossing the crate aside, as a purple blur appeared behind Garmadon. Garmadon turned, but the Purple Ninja lashed out, hitting him right in the stomach, right into the Green Ninja's grip. The Green Ninja then did a blazing green Spinjitzu tornado as the Purple Ninja ran over to Zane and offered her hand to him. Zane grabbed it and let the figure pull him up, before the Purple Ninja did another Spinjitzu tornado right at Garmadon.

Lord Garmadon tried to dodge, but the Purple Ninja stopped three inches from directly hitting him, and a bright flash of light momentarily blinded him. When the light faded, Garmadon was falling over the edge of the Bounty.

The two ninjas high-fived before turning to face Zane.

"Who are you two?!" Zane demanded, his eyes narrowing. "Who are you?!"

Zane shot up and hit his head on the bunk above him. "Ouch!"

"Morning sleeping beauty. It's almost time for training," Cole said with a smile.

"Why didn't anyone wake me?" Zane wondered, rubbing his head a bit.

Kai grinned at him. "We didn't want to- you looked like you were having some dream."

"How do I know I'm not still dreaming? Ouch!" The last bit came from Cole whacking him with his pillow. "Did that feel like a dream to you?" Cole asked as the other ninjas laughed. Well, Kai did. Jay was oddly quiet.

"Jay, is something wrong? You're being oddly quiet this morning."

Jay was frowning at his arm. "I... something's weird. My arm's kinda tingling..."

"Really? Why?"

"I dunno... maybe 'cause I brushed against Hikari yesterday with it? Lemme try something..." Jay held out his hand, and lightning began to spark between his fingers. Not even half a moment passed before he let out a gasp and dropped it. Instead of it hitting the floor though, it crackled and shot out the window like a... well, like a lightning bolt.

"What in the world?! It felt really cold..." Jay shook his hand, which was smoking slightly.

Kai frowned. "Not to mention it was bluish green. And... I dunno. It looked like there was some red mixed in."

Zane got out of bed and went to look at it. "Hm. It's... just jumping from cloud to cloud now. Wait, now it's gone."

"Huh. Weird. Anyway, Zane, what was your dream...?"

x

Hikari shivered slightly as they trekked through the snow. Lloyd was holding her hand, and her shoulder was right up against his to conserve heat. Unknown to her, his cheeks were a slight red color.

Suddenly, something almost electrifying shot into her arm, and she yelped and jumped away from Lloyd. Lloyd gave her a weird look. "Hikari? You okay there?"

Hikari looked around for a moment, seeing nothing but Serpentine surrounding her. Maybe she'd just gotten a static shock?

"... never mind. It's nothing," she said, drawing closer to Lloyd again. Lloyd looked at her for a moment, not saying anything. "Hey, Hikari? You okay? You seemed a bit... scared about something yesterday."

Hikari looked up at him. "Did you not see it?"

"See what?"

Okay, apparently he hadn't seen it.