Chapter 11

One Venomari sprinted down the street, panting with a hiss to the voice. A white figure stepped out of the fog, twirling two golden shurikens. He screeched to a halt and started the other way, as the white ninja gently threw his shurikens to the ground. Ice started forming and making him slip, and he almost walked straight into the other ninja, summoning a huge bolt of lightning. The Venomari yelped as the lightning shocked him like a whip, and he started into an adjacent alley. It was immediately lit up by the red ninja, whose body momentarily glowed with heat and flames before they faded away. He turned but proceeded to run straight into the black ninja, who was carrying a scythe. He scrambled sideways but was stopped when a smaller foot hit the ground right in front of his face. He looked up.

A very small ninja with a purple gi, covering every inch of them except for their eyes, stood there looking down at him with big, silvery-gray eyes that looked very young and girly.

"Going somewhere?" they asked, pulling off their hood to reveal long, black hair that brushed against the small of their back. And the Venomari stared at the small girl whose face was, rather than sweet and innocent, stern and waiting.

The other ninja closed in, and immediately three sharp weapons closed in on his throat- the sword, the scythe, and the shuriken- with a metallic scrape. "Oh..!"

Jay glared at him. "Thought you could joyride through town and not be noticed, huh? Where's the last Fangblade?"

"I... I ddddon'ttttt know whattttt you're ttttalking aboutttt," the snake rasped, but Kai glared him down. "Yes you do. The fourth Fangblade. When Pythor finds them all he plans to unleash the Great Devourer," he stated, glaring at the snake.

The snake seemed to smirk. "Oh... THAT Fangblade."

"What other Fangblade is there?" Hikari mumbled under her breath. The Venomari wasn't done, and cackled. "Haha, you're too late. Pythor's already there, now. He'ssss probably already digging itttt up."

Everyone looked at one another as he continued, "Iff I were you, I'd ssssstart preparing for the worsssst! Becaussssse when the Great Devourer is awakened, there will be NOTHING it won't conssssssume!"

Hikari scratched her head. "Then... wouldn't that mean it would consume you, too?" she asked, innocently.

The snake blinked wide all four of his eyes, and then wailed, "AGH! Please! You have to sstop him! That snake is crazy! I don't wanna unleashhh the Great Devourer! I'm a SNAKE! Not FOOD!"

Kai sounded a little worried, but he said, firmly, "Are we really too late to stop Pythor from getting the last Fangblade?"

The snake nodded, still looking worried, "You're days behind him! There's gotta be something ELSE you can do!"

All the ninja looked at one another, before Hikari sighed, and they all left. "Don't tell Pythor that we're going to try to stop him."

"O-of coursssse I won'tttt! What idiot would hasten his own death!" the snake exclaimed, getting up and running away. Hikari looked up at the others. "Why was I allowed to come along this time, and not Lloyd?"

"Lloyd can't use his powers yet. You can use them, but not control them. We thought that even if something went wrong maybe you could stop the snake," Zane explained, and Hikari thought before shrugging. "That seems okay."

x

"The Venomari's right," Nya sighed, "by the time we cast sail to clear across Ninjago, Pythor will have already beat us to the last Fangblade!"

"Aw, c'mon, guys!" Jay complained, as Hikari and Lloyd sat on the table and listened, "this is the LAST FANGBLADE. We have to get it! We've gotta think of something!"