Chapter 3: Paintballs

I'm ashamed of this chapter :)

Chapter 3: Paintballs

Looney POV

I sighed as I lay on my back watching the sky beside Tom, who was on his stomach, staring at Beth and Ricky. My view of the clouds was suddenly blocked by shrubbery, and a large body settled itself over mine. I grunted in surprise as Jake lowered himself between my legs, his entire body pressing against mine. I hissed as I adjusted myself, trying not to think about the position we were in. He propped himself up on his elbows, his hands under my head as he looked around.

"What are you doing?" I questioned, not complaining but curious.

"I'm hiding you. You don't have any camo, and I do, so I thought you'd appreciate not being seen." Jake whispered back, I nodded. His green eyes bored into mine before he looked back up.

"Oh." I replied before turning my head to look at Tom who looked unsure.

"I'm thinking shooting my sister's boyfriend isn't the best idea." Tom said, sounding a bit scared.

"Eh, I don't know, I'm ok with this idea." I said, my voice muffled by Jake's shoulder as I turned my head to speak to Tom. Jake shifted to where he was actually laying all up on me and I suppressed a gasp as he pressed against me even closer, his nose brushing against my cheekbone as he lowered his head.

"Oh jeez." I muttered as I turned my head away so he wouldn't notice me blush.

"This isn't about ideas. This about action. Don't think, do." Jake advised, as he lifted his head to talk to Tom. I lifted my head a little, wanting to see. Jake saw my struggle and placed a hand under my head. I saw things upside down but I could tell where everything was. I saw Beth rubbing sunscreen on a shirtless Ricky, I wrinkled my nose.

"Blegh. Jake is right, Tom. Shoot him. Shoot him dead." I encouraged.

"What? I'm not gonna shoot him dead. I can't believe I'm even listening to you, you're dressed like a shrub, and you're insane." Tom said to Jake, who looked down at me and matched my eye roll before looking back up. Ricky had turned around on the pool chair to face Beth, she rubbed sunscreen on his chest and he leaned in.

"Target's on the move." Jake commented.

"Take him out before he reaches second base." I hurriedly added as Ricky got closer to Beth.

"I-I don't think that-" Tom started. Jake reached forward and pulled the trigger on the gun, sending a pellet flying towards Ricky's shoulder. He stood and screamed as soon as it hit his shoulder. I leaned up farther against Jake, my lips brushing his neck as I struggled to see. His grassy disguise, getting in my eyes (A/N: Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy). Jake continued to pull the trigger, the paintballs splattering against wooden posts and Ricky.

I cackled as Ricky jumped around, trying not to get hit. Beth was screaming like a banshee and Tom was watching in horror. Several pellets hit Ricky in the crotch causing him to slowly cup his area and scream.

"Why'd you do that?!" Tom yelled as Jake started trying to say how awesome it was. I looked back over to see Beth glaring in our direction.

"Oh shittt." I hissed and tried to flatten myself in the grass.

"Oh my god, she saw us." Tom murmured as Beth stomped her way over.

"What do we do? What do we do?" Tom frantically gasped.

"Camo mode. Hunker down and blend in." Jake said as he lowered himself onto me again. I held my breath as I heard Tom try and hide.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorryimsorryimsorry-" Tom chanted as Beth finally made it to us.

"You shot my boyfriend. 'Sorry' doesn't even touch that. When are you gonna grow up and stop being a total embarrassment?" Beth snapped, grabbing the gun and storming off. There was silence between us until...

"And that's why we use camo." Jake quipped, his breath hitting my forehead. I slowly relaxed, letting my head fall back hard on Jake's arm.

"Shut up, Jake." Tom sighed, pushing himself up off the ground.