Chapter 4: More Problems

Looney POV

I sighed in boredom, my elbow resting on the counter propping up my head. Mr. And Mrs. Pearson were currently ripping Tom a new one, saying that Ricky could have been seriously hurt.

"If only." I sighed longingly. Now, I'm not usually one to hate on people but... It's Ricky. There's just something about him that causes disgust to course through me, I don't know what, though. It's on the tip of my tongue, but I can't figure it out.

I sighed in frustration, letting my head thump down on the counter, trying to block out Ricky's sounds of pain as Bethany helped him press an ice pack against his crotch. Jake sat closely next to me, his arm brushing against mine every now and then.

"You alright, Looney?" Jake questioned. I sat up in my seat and nodded, snatching a banana from the fruit bowl sitting on the middle of counter. I quietly watched Mr. Pearson and his brother-in-law Nate compromise over what time we would go fishing tomorrow.

After Nate successfully called out a time that Mr. Pearson agreed with, the TV screen went blank with static. Grandma Pearson called out.

"Stu! Stu, Natey. The TV's gone haywire!" She called and started beating the tv with her cane. I wish I could beat Ricky with a cane. I thought, glaring at him and his stupid face.

"Stu, the TV's gone haywire." Nate said, not seeming to care either way. I watched the exchange, slowly slumping in my seat when more problems surfaced. Mr. Pearson walked over to the living room to get his mom to stop beating the tv.

I began to wonder if the entire trip was gonna be like this. I took a glance around at the pouting Tom, the frustrated Mr. Pearson, Ricky- the dramatic little shit, and his girlfriend Beth who was glaring at Tom while simultaneously cooing at Ricky, and one smirking Jake Pearson. I almost smacked myself as I realized that, of course the rest of the week would be like this. One problem after another until we finally packed up and left.

I let out a groan and rubbed my eyes with the heels of my palms, watching Ricky suddenly get the bright idea to go and check the dish.

"Ugh no, Ricky you're hurt." Bethany protested, following him as he walked up to Mr. Pearson.

"Nah, it's just a graze." He said cheerfully.

"Well then we didn't do it right." I mumbled grumpily to Jake who grinned.

"Oh no honey, he's fine. Go ahead, Richard, show some hustle." Grandma Pearson encouraged, Ricky practically danced back over to us and I eyed him with disdain as he suggested that he take Tom and I, with him.

"You know, I would, but I don't want to." I said dryly. Tom gave me a pleading look while Ricky kept his smug smirk, patting Tom's shoulder before walking over to the stairs. Bethany was suddenly there, telling us to go with him, and I quite suddenly agreed when the realization that I could probably shove Ricky off the roof hit me. Tom recognized the gleam in my eyes and tried not to smile.

"Well, that settles it. Tom, Looney, no funny business." Mr. Pearson warned, narrowing his eyes at us before turning to his mom.

"Make things right with Ricky, or don't come off that roof." Bethany said, rather roughly patting Tom's shoulder. I dodged her hand as she tried to shove us to the stairs.

"Uh-uh, no touchie." I said, before looking back at Tom, an evil smirk on my face as I turned to Ricky.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go." I said, my smirk growing.

A/N: Ok, guys. I know this probably sucks, but this is just sort of a filler chapter. I didn't want to go any farther until I refreshed the movie in my head, but I didn't want to just keep people waiting, cause some of y'all are getting kind of antsy. Stay calm, guys. Remain calm 😂