Chapter 5: Aliens On the Roof

Looney POV

Ricky walked up the stairs, leading us to the room in which the entrance to the attic was. He had a smug look on his face and I seriously considered the consequences of shoving him right back down the stairs, there weren't as many pros as there were cons if you can believe it.

We came to a stop at the attic entrance and I sighed, crossing my arms in boredom as Ricky untied the rope. He let it go and the stairs came creaking down at an alarming rate, Tom cowered back in unease as I raised an eyebrow, watching. Ricky gave us a smug look, as if untying a rope was like single handedly lifting a cow or some shit.

"Whoopdeefuckindoo, you opened it. Big deal." I deadpanned, my arms still crossed. Ricky was unaffected by my sarcasm much to my displeasure and did some over exaggerated hand gesture towards the stairs.

"Ladies first." He grinned at me, I gave him a sickly sweet smile.

"Age before beauty." I sang, copying the ridiculous gesture he did beforehand. His smile seemed to have frozen on his face and I simply widened mine. Tom stepped in front of me before slowly making his way up the stairs, I sighed. I ignored Ricky and followed Tom, trying not to think about the fact that the disgusting blonde was literally right behind me.

The wood creaked beneath my feet as I finally stepped into the dusty attic after Tom, Ricky walking behind us at a leisurely pace. I looked around and made some hardcore eye contact with a creepifying doll before turning to Ricky as he stepped up to the window that would lead us onto the roof.

"Alright," he began, looking back at us.

"Here we go." Ricky said gesturing to the window. Tom, for some reason, seemed to want to make peace with Dicky- I mean, Ricky, and stepped forward with his hands up in a placating manner.

"Listen, about the paintball thing-" he started.

"Aw hey, don't even worry about it." Ricky interrupted, holding out a hand to shake. Tom slumped in relief and went to shake it when Ricky swiped his hand away.

"Bang, got ya. Too slow!" He laughed, clapping as Tom took a confused and slightly annoyed step back. I stepped up next to him, just about ready to knock Ricky's teeth out.

"You know what? Thanks to you guys' little, uh, sharp shooting stunt, I wracked up pity points with your parents and big sis is just itching to be my private nurse so, thanks a ton, Ace." He said, poking Tom in the chest. My eye twitched and I took another step forward, but was stopped by Tom's arm in front of me.

"That was a textbook wingman move." Ricky continued, brushing a hand against Tom's shoulder again. I growled under my breath and tried to launch myself at him, Tom wrapped an arm around my waist but glared at Ricky all the while.

Ricky said something else that I didn't even hear, I was so pissed, I clawed the air in front of me as if it would help me get to Ricky so I could beat the living crap out of him. Ricky ignored my anger and patted the window.

"Now, get your butts up there and make me Nana's hero." He ordered, stepping back.

"Fuc-" I started and was cut off by Tom's hand covering my mouth, just barely muffling my curses.

"But you told my dad you'd fix it." Tom protested slowly.

"Oh, well I told your dad a lot of things. Like my car broke down, my parent's own a lake house, I'm 18." He said, standing near the window again and I stopped my struggle as what he said dawned on me. Tom had released my mouth in his shock and I took advantage of that.