Running

The paramedics arrived shortly after Joy called. They asked Zack questions like why was he out here at four o'clock in the afternoon. Zack told them he an his girlfriend-he smiled at the sound of it- we're taking a stroll and found him. After a while the police left. Joy and Zack stayed behind and watched Ben's body loaded up into the truck.

After they left Joy looked at Zack and said "what did you want to show me?"

"Follow me" said Zack as he headed toward the location of the object.

They finally came upon the spot where the object was but, the only problem was, the object had a 12 foot deep hole uncovering it.

"Hide" hissed Joy as she hid among the branches and shrouds.

"What are you doing" replied Zack.

"Trust me!" Whispered Joy.

Zack crawls down by Joy just in time because, at that very moment, the object which was now decided as a spacecraft lifted into the air. The spacecraft is gray like the ones on T.V. But it has red stripes all around it. There are lights lighting up the perimeter of the spacecraft, but the lights are a dark blue. Almost like the sky.

Joy and Zack looked at each other Zack can see the scared look in Joy's eyes and simultaneously agreed on one thing. 'Run'

They both took off into the woods at the same time leaving their school bags and everything. Joy was lean and strong and with 2 seasons of track and cross country under her belt she was far ahead of Zack, Joy took notice of the distance between them and started slowing down so Zack could catch up to her. Together they sprinted out of the forest and into Zack's house up the stairs past his mom in the living room and up to Zack's room. Joy (in a state of shock) just sat there shivering on Zack's bed. He wished he could help her. He felt so useless. So he decided to kiss her again. He sat down on the edge of the bed and kissed her. After it was all over Joy finally stopped shivering.

She had supper at Zack's house then Zack walked her home. They didin't talk about anything. Finally the silence between them drove Zack absolutely insane.

"Are we a couple now?" Asked Zack hoping he could forget about the thing in the woods and talk about something else.

Joy shrugged her shoulders and said "yeah, I guess, if that's what you want."

"Yes, I think I'm happy with that." Said Zack. He just realized he had been smiling when he said that.

Joy looks at him and laughs. "Why do I fall for the crazy ones?"

"Because the crazier a guy gets the cuter he is."says Zack as he shoves her lightly.

Joy laughs again and Zack just melts inside. He's happy to see her not about to break down and cry. He walks her up to the front porch of her house hugs her tells her goodnight and slowly walks away. He's at the end of her driveway when he hears his name.

"Zack!" Yelles Joy as she comes running towards him. She looks him in the eyes kisses him lightly them runs back up the porch steps turns around and looks at him. She runs inside to grab her camping backpack. She comes out of the house with a backpack. They walk down the street and on to Zack's porch. He looks at her. Joy hugs him then walks across the street an into the forest without looking back. He goes inside and eats supper. He comes back out and walks out of the house. He goes to the street and stares at the forest trying to figure out why he's here. ' Why sid god bring me to life. i don't deserve it.' The sat there, thinking. Then something awful happens. A dark shadow appears above him, he looks up and sees the spacecraft. He jumps up and runs into the forest. 'they can't know were i live they'll eat my mom or something. He runs as fast as he can but he's not fast enough, the spacecraft starts to gain on him, his legs scream in pain. Finally, he sees that he'll never make it to the school in time so he bolts deeper into the forest running as fast as he can into the deepest, densest part of the forest. That's when he found the storm drain and his beautiful girlfriend Joy.

In the morning Joy explained how she came to be in the storm drain. Lucky for them Joy was heading to go camp out in the woods for five days so they have plenty of food. She explained that she saw the spacecraft in the woods and ran. Eventually she needed to rest and she didn't want to camp out in the open so she found a storm drain and decided it was the perfect place. Then she found Zack.

She apologized over and over again for punching him in the face even though he said it was no big deal.

"According to my watch it's eight p.m." Said Joy. "We've been in here for 2 days. I wonder what it looks like outside?"

"Let's go check it out." Zack answered as he was crawling his way to the light.

Zack got out of the storm drain and then helped Joy out. They both stared in awe at the scene that was displayed for them.