Diary

Zack stared at it for a while trying to make sense of it. 'Joy's gone. She can't be gone. She... We....' Suddenly the ski became dark. Zack grabbed all the camping supplies and his in some bushes. The spacecraft landed and out came the aliens. For the first time he got a look at the aliens. They had green bodies with tentacles, no legs. They sort of looked like an octopus. They had hands but had 8 fingers. They picked apar the fire and were Joy and Zack slept that night.

'They're tracking us' thought Zack.

Finally, what felt like hours, the aliens went back to the spacecraft and then the dark shape lifted up into the air and moved on. Zack got up, brushed himself off and started off toward Cortez.

He reached a main road and hitched a ride with a bunch of hippy people heading to Cortez for a peace convention. He thanked them for the ride. One more second and he would have ripped off one of the hippy's arm and started hitting them with it.

He checked into Holiday Inn and all that was left to do was wait. He decided it keep a journal so he went to target and bought one.

Day 1 without Joy,

Worst day of my life. X

So bored. X

Journals are so hard. X

My life sucks. X

Burn, baby burn. X

I loved her now, she's gone.

Day 2 of this stupid journal with out Joy.

I've found out 4 thing about myself

•I can't live without Joy

•journals are hard

•journals are stupid

•I feel better after I cry for 8 hours straight. My eyes hurt but I feel better.

Day 3.

She's suppose to come today. If she doesn't i will stab every diary I see because getting a diary was so not worth $5. I got ripped off. I'm going to burn this diary.

Zack shut the diary, then went downstairs into the lounge were he waited and waited. All day he just sat there. Waiting.

Finally when night came he knew she was gone. He went to the store bought a lighter, ripped out the pages in the journal he wrote on and burned the journal. Just like he said he would. He watched the journal crumple and burn under the heat if the fire. He took the journal pages, folded them and put them in his jacket pocket.

He didn't know what to do. He kept looking at the note over and over again, looking for something he missed. Finally he saw something. He took all the letters that were capitalized. DZIIHIELIEPPADLIICECNHAIIIIVEKMEIFILIPOVLERJ. Then he took out all the Begining letters that were capitalized and the Is that were suppose to be capitalized. What's left now was HELPALIENHAVEMELPOVER. Then he broke it up into words. HELP ALIEN HAVE ME N L P OVER. Then Zack filled it with the beginning letters and the I's. It read:

HELP ALIEN HAVE ME FLIP OVER.

Zack turned over the paper and on the back was messy handwriting that read.

Beaver Creek

Lead‎ South Dakota‎ 57754

United States

He knew exactly were that was. He didn't spend a second long. He jumped off the bed grabbed his things and was out the door in seconds. Once he reached the main road he hitched a ride to Mack, Colorado, eats lunch at McDonalds, then hitches a ride to Rangly, Colorado. He rested for the night in a motel room. Then he wakes up eats at a Denny's restaurant. Then hitches a ride to Dinosaur, Colorado. Eats at a gas station before getting a ride to Casper‎ ,Wyoming‎. Which then he rests for the night at a Holiday Inn. Then he gets up bright and early and heads to Rapid City, South Dakota, then hitches a ride to Beaver Creek

Lead‎ South Dakota‎ 57754

United States were Joy is suppose to be found.

He checks in at the only hotel in the area. He uses his fake name. Ram Giger. The person at the counter looks at him, her name tag read Trisha.

"Do you know a gal named Rose?" She asked with a Middle Eastern accent.

At first Zack didn't know what she was talking about then he remembered that Joy's fake name was Rose "Yeah, so?" He asked causally even though on the inside he was bursting with happiness. 'She's here, alive. But were?'

"She left this for you." Trisha handed him a heavy envelope. "She said you would know what it means" Her voice became soft and quiet "she also said that she loves you.

"Thank you." Zack said without taking his eyes off the envelope.

Trisha hands him the room key and he leaves without another word.

He gets into his room and rips the package open. Inside is a video tape and a script. He plays the video and figures out that the script is a translator. On the video he sees Joy bound by her hands and feet hung from a pipe on the ceiling. From the looks of it she'd been crying, a lot. The aliens said "Give us the file. You have until the sunset 5 days from now to bring the file into the mouth of Abraham Lincoln or she dies. If you love her, then save her. We will be waiting. "

Zack stared at the note and read it over an over trying to make sense of it. What was he going to do? He didn't have any file. He had to save Joy, but how? He thought all day and didn't get a wink of sleep that night. All the sudden he was in the cavern strapped to the wall straight across from Joy. The aliens walked into the cavern.

"Were is the file?" One of them said in a rough voice.

"I don't know what your talking about." Zack said.

The alien grabbed the gun from one of the other aliens and pointed it at Joy "Tell us were the file is."

"Don't Zack." Said Joy.

"Were is it Joy?" Asked Zack.

"You know." She looked him in the eyes but, he didn't.

"Tell us Zack" the alien had it pointed at Joy.

"I don't know." Zack said in a whisper.

The alien held the gun up and shot Joy in the leg. Joy screamed in pain.

"NO!" Zack screamed as Joy screamed, he struggled against the bonds that held him.

"Were is it!" Yelled the alien.

"I don't know!" Zack screamed as he stuggled against the bonds.

"Very well." The alien pointed the gun at Joy's head and shot.