[ 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ]

AUTHORS NOTE; I WAS THINKING, YOUNG MÄDCHEN AMIK REALLY APPEALS TO ME AS ADELAIDE. THOUGHTS?

adelaide heard the soft knock on her door, causing her to quickly wipe away the stream of tears and take a few deep breaths

"come in!"
her voice was hoarse, evidence of crying.

wyatt pushes open the door before shutting it behind him, looking at the broken figure of adelaide. her nose and eyes were pink, hands trembling. her bottom lip continuously quivered as she attempted to hold back the sounds of sadness aching to leave her chest.

she pushed herself from the cushioned bench, running over to wyatt and burying her face in his chest.

she needed to feel something. she needed to feel cared for.

his arms never hesitated to wrap around her body and comfort her with his touch.
"it's okay, you're okay. i'm right here." those simple phrases were repeated until the shaking of her body stopped and small hiccups were the only vocal evidence of distress.

"i'm okay..."

"i'm okay."

rain. something adeline adored more than she adored herself.

she was finally having fun with her friends, standing outside on the wet sand. jack and finn had teamed up, throwing clumps of the substance at the backs of their friends.

"wyatt, don't!"
a shriek left her lips when a handful of wet sand was shoved into her hair, body soon thrown over his shoulders. laughs erupted from her throat as she playfully swatted his lower back, body suspended in the air.

"wyatt jess oleff, if you do not put me down right now i will never talk to you again!"
"ouch, i'm hurt. you used my middle name."
"wyatt..."
"i'm enjoying the view..."
"you pervert."

adelaide ran her fingers through her newly washed hair, sand particles finally gone from her scalp. a pair of sweats and a sweatshirt hugged her frame.

she walked into the living area, seeing the everyone watching something on the television. "hey, isn't that wyatt's sweatshirt?"

her gaze dropped down to the fabric on her upper half, face paling when she realized that it was in fact wyatts jacket. she took it from him before he left he first time.

"hey, that is mine. i've been wondering where it went!"
"i'm not giving it back, oleff."
"don't worry. it looks better on you than it ever did on me."

authors note ; i feel like this was a filler chapter. i'm writing this at night and i'm tired so it's pretty shitty. once again, i am sorry.