[ 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ]

AND MY HEART HURTS
BECAUSE I THOUGHT WE
HAD SOMETHING REAL.

AND MY HEART HURTSBECAUSE I THOUGHT WEHAD SOMETHING REAL

adelaide felt the air leave her lungs as she stared at the picture displayed on the phone screen before her eyes.

"this has to be photoshop, it has to be." she kept saying, trying to convince herself that she didn't find out her boyfriend was cheating on
c h r i s t m a s eve.

she stared with a sad expression, eyes locked on the image of wyatt's arm around another girl, another girl who was showing him love like she did. a girl he was loving, a girl he wasn't supposed to be loving.

"he's a dick, adelaide. i never trusted him with your heart."

adelaide never trusted anyone with her own heart, ever. she had gotten her thumping heart crushed by someone's palm before, and she trusted them. she trusted them with her love and affection. she trusted that they would never hurt her.

adelaide thought wyatt would always be there.
always loving her, not another.

but here she was, choking on sobs and tears as her heart was torn once more and her trust and happiness shattered.

here she was, breaking down as wyatt watched from the door with the girl walking into the elevator at the end of the hall.

here, they both realized they messed up.

adelaide realized she should've never trusted him so easily.

wyatt realized he should've never let his eyes wander.