Break out

Pitch black. I awoke from a chiming noise of the clock tower bells. I heard three gongs, which meant it was about three o'clock in the morning here at Arkahm. I sat up in my bed and just listened, nothing. Everything was dead silent, which here at Arkahm, was the best thing in the world.

I got out of bed and walked over to Ivy's bed. I started to shake her lightly. "What is it? Is it time?"

"Yep it's time, get up."

Ivy lazily got up out of bed and followed me to the bars of our cell. Focusing on the metal bars with my eyes I hold up my hands and start to spread them apart, that causing the bars to bend outwards.

Ivy and I step out of our cell and go to all the others cell. I repeat the same procedure to everyone, and every cell bar. Once everyone of the Arkahms was out, I was the one who had to really put my brain to it and how I was gonna get everyone out.

Finally I got it the perfect escape plan, "Everyone step back. I'm trying something I've never tried before." They all obeyed and stepped back from me. I put my hands up to the ceiling which was under the front courtyard of the asylum. My brain feeling teased as I start to imagine the roof spreading apart. I don't realize everyone staring at me until I see the sparks flying off of my hands that then turn into a stream of colourful light, that then burst onto the roof on top of us.

As the stream got stronger the bricks of the roof starts to spread apart in a circle and finally the circle was big enough for all us to fit through. But my burst of energy was far from over. As I start to try and jump up my feet didn't land, they started to fly. Everyone, especially Ivy is staring at me in disbelief, and I grab her hand, "Let's get outa this hell hole. What do you say?"

She grips my hand tighter and smiles, which meant yes, I'm ready. With the other hand I grasp Harley's hand, and she smiles at me with total surprise. Everyone started to grasp each others hand from Ivy's hand to Harley's till the sides had equal people on it.

That burst of energy I had was now at its highest peek. As I started to lift off I felt it in my guts 'this is where I belong'. Now I had found my place. As we started to fly all the alarms and sirens went off at the asylum. All I could do was look back and smile 'that's where it all began'.

I flew them for about ten minutes until Joker who held Ivy's hand started to yell "There's a chemical factory not far from here land there."

"Okay."

........

Once at the factory, and once we've landed, Joker sent us on a hunt to find blankets and mattresses.

........

On the floor laying on our mattresses I whisper to Ivy "how do you guys do all of this, ya know, being bad?"

"I guess," she starts "we just go with what our gut tells us, if there's something really bad you ever want to do, tell me, and I'll be your evil assistant." She says with a giggle.

"Thanks, that means a lot." I tell her and after that everything turns black.