TEN

SKIP SONG TO 0:40 SECONDS

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR FEELS.

Sawyer glanced down to the pristine white keys, pressing a note before glancing around her apartment, noticing only Gunner was present before she slowly pulled out her piano stool, adjusting it comfortably before she sat timidly down. Softly, she moved her fingers intricately with the keys, slowly at first as she stopped momentarily to adjust her seat once more to become more comfortable as she reminisced the feeling of the notes under her fingertips.

Pressing her fingers gently but more swiftly against the keys, a soothing melody laced through her apartment as the music began to flow effortlessly as she closed her eyes softly. Feeling her fingers move delicately slow, she pressed her foot down onto the sustain pedal and within an instant, she was sucked into the melodic tones as her hair hid her face contently as she gazed down.

He stood, undetected in her living room, watching contently as she lost herself in the nostalgia of her piano. Her fingers glided across the keys like magic, almost effortlessly as he watched silently, captivated momentarily by her playing before she slowly opened her eyes to ensure she didn't miss a note, a sudden flash however catching her eye in the reflection of light on her piano.

She furrowed her eyebrows, her playing not faltering as she ignored it momentarily. With an ache in her fingers, she continued to play against the uncomfortable sensation before she discreetly glanced again at the reflection on her piano, the silhouette of a man depicted clearly thanks to light through her window.

Her breath instantly hitched in her throat, her fingers suddenly trembling as she jumped from note to note, the presence terrifying her even though knowing exactly who it was. She was completely bewildered but bit back her fear, the knowledge she'd demanded to see him enticing the entire event.

Slowly, she pressed her fingers increasingly softer before the piano was barely a whisper, ending the tune in a collection of notes in a gentle chord, her hands quietly falling into her lap as she stared at the mans figure in the reflection. He merely moved an inch, adding to her increasing anxiety before she drew in a deep breath and bit the bullet she'd fired.

"Why do they muzzle you like a dog?" Her soft question broke the silence, Sawyer however too daunted to turn around and face him as she awaited an un-prevailing reply. He remained silent as she began to fumble with her fingers, staring at his reflection as he remained motionless.

She paused momentarily, "do they use you like a weapon?" He remained silent, Sawyer's concerned reflection evidently reflected to him the same way he was to her, "can you answer?" she was met with silence.

"Please?" He remained silent before she frowned at him, glancing down to avoid his emotionless stare as he noticed her defeated expression. In a sudden gush of unpredicted, stubborn emotion, she instantly furrowed her eyebrows before suddenly defiantly rising to her feet, turning to stare at him, "please."

His steel blue eyes stared at her for a moment, contemplating momentarily before he slowly walked to her, startling her for a second before she defiantly held her ground. His black armour clanked as his heavy boots led in front of Sawyer, his height a few inches above her as she stared at him, fear and curiosity racking her being as no words were exchanged.

Instinctively her eyes landed on his mouthpiece, her eyebrows furrowing as she delicately reached her hands up, the man instantly retorting backwards as she jumped momentarily before she retrieved her hands instantly, the man however seeming to slowly understand her motives as he stared at her more softly.

Hesitantly, she reached for the mask, her fingers slowly feeling for the back of it as she absentmindedly ruffled his hair softly. Feeling the clasp, she instantly unhooked it and the mouth restraint fell to the floor, landing at their feet, her mind in awe.

He stared in bewilderment before her right hand softly pressed against his cheek, the man hesitantly retrieving from her touch before allowing her to touch his face as she furrowed her eyebrows, entirely curious of him as she whispered, "you're so cold-" her sentence was cut off as the sound of her door chimed, Sawyer glancing to it as Natasha chirped in with her hands holding bags.

"Well?" Natasha questioned, Sawyer instantly glancing back to find the man had disappeared, her window blowing a breeze, "going to help me out?"

Sawyer nodded, her expression a bit perplexed as her mind enveloped itself around him; he was almost ghost like, before taking two bags from Natasha.