SEVENTEEN

ALEX PETTYFER as MAVERICK RYDER

Tormenting training continued over the following week, Clint eager to teach Sawyer to obtain a rhythmic but unpredictable fighting pattern to enhance her chances

Tormenting training continued over the following week, Clint eager to teach Sawyer to obtain a rhythmic but unpredictable fighting pattern to enhance her chances. But continuously she cussed at his sarcastic attitude, his antagonising tendencies eventually leading her will-to-live snapping as she'd throw the remains of her tea at his laughing face and throw her gloves to the side as she'd leave him to listen to his own cackles echo in the vacant room.

Although Sawyer would rip out her own tongue before admitting, it was undeniable that the teasing was motivating in an odd essence. The constant taunts and aggravations only beckoned her on to prove him wrong; each bounce back more abundant than the last, each strike prominently more powerful than the previous. Another entity that caused her to slowly thrive was that Clint swerved delicately from praise, cautious not to encourage her to gain an ignorance but occasionally, albeit rarely, he expressed it profusely when thoroughly impressed- which was slowly beginning to become a frequent event.

It was the following Sunday from their first sparring match that Clint had been at a complete loss for words and could merely muster out an impressed laugh, Sawyer however, genuinely done with his teasing and not at all fazed; the aftermath of her overflowing, pent-up annoyance.

She had been in the woods with Gunner, scouting in search of a promised coffee shop that Clint refused to disclose the location of until she'd mastered a 'signature move.' On the basis she wasn't at all talented with combat and could barely make Clint move an inch backwards with a kick to his gut, Sawyer had initially decided to take matters into her own hands and search for the closest thing to civilisation.

Observing that Sawyer was still evidently timid walking through the woods despite Gunner being beside her, Clint seized the opportunity and followed her further through the forest, intending to scare her so that eventually, she'd shake off her terrified attitude to general life- and inform her that she was going in the wrong direction.

As silent as thought, Clint stealthily creeped up on her, his presence so incredulously undetected that a smirk had already adorned his face that the game was won. Just like second nature, he snuck up behind her, startling her momentarily with his touch as she yelled before his arm firmly held her in a sudden lock, his laughter sounding from behind her as she contorted her face in instantaneous realisation.

In a whip of sound, she jagged her right elbow backwards to meet his nose, his right hand instantly letting go to instinctively hold it before she used that to her advantage, twisting on her heel and kicking him in the stomach with her right leg. The momentum sent him helplessly sprawling backwards onto the floor, the force of her kick and unexpected retaliation rendering Clint beyond bewildered and shocked.