CHAPTER 15

In the elevator, she clung to Brad. 'Do you think Lyndon could have seen the broadcast?' she asked. 'Would he understand what's happened to him?'

'We must believe that he has seen it,' Brad held Tessa protectively. 'Hopefully, our choice of words will be a comfort to him.'

'Bentley have those detectives called with any leads?' Tessa enquired.

'They have called. No information from them. Just questioning whether there has been contact as yet.'

'We're leaving right away to Surrey,' Brad spoke. 'Call Wolf. We need an update in Surrey. Oh and call the hospital, find out when Stacy will be discharged. One more thing Bentley, speak to Hastings to set up a suite for Stacy's mom. She will need to be transported from Kent.

'I want to go back ---there,' Tessa stated.

Brad looked at his wife, feeling her pain. He also knew going back to the Thames was not going to give them any answers. They needed to study the CCTV footage to track Lyndon's kidnappers' exit route.

'Darling---,' Brad started.

'Now,' Tessa demanded defiantly. 'If you don't take me, I will go by myself.'
Her eyes were filled with tears, but she was bravely fighting. He could hardly deny his wife, not at this moment when she looked so vulnerable.

'I will take you my love,' Brad's thumb cleared away the tears forming at her eyes. He pulled her into his arms, and just held her tightly.

'You will use the helicopter sir?'

'Yes,' Brad nodded. 'We move to Surrey from the Thames.'

Tessa walked around the area where she found Lyndon's cap. Her husband and Bentley watched her with concern, but she was oblivious to any attention focused on her. She seemed to be murmuring under her breath. She did not want Brad. She did not want conversation. She stood at the point where Lyndon was dragged away and turned in the four different directions as if trying to contemplate which direction they had headed. She slumped to the floor and covered her face with her hands and sobbed heart wrenchingly.

Brad immediately rushed to his wife, 'Tessa, let me take you home,' he lifted her into his arms. She was pleading with Brad, begging him to find their son. She wanted him to do everything possible to find Lyndon. She hid her face against his shoulder, totally helpless and desperate. Brad felt equally helpless. He cursed himself for the hundredth time for not assigning security to protect his son. He was doing all he could to find his son, in between ensuring his wife was safe from harm and danger. He carried her gently back to the helicopter.

When they got home Tessa headed straight to Lyndon's bedroom, as Brad guessed she would. Wolf was waiting for Brad together with a covert team of professional hostage negotiators. He informed Wolf he would be five minutes and trailed behind Tessa. She picked up Lyndon's favourite stuffed toy and held it closely against her chest. Tessa walked to the mini sofa near the window and curled herself onto the seat. Brad followed her in and dropped to his knees.

'Darling why don't you lie down for a little while?'

'I don't want to rest until Lyndon is back,' she spoke quietly.

'Can I fix you a bath?'

'No. I want my baby. That is all I want,' her eyes pleaded with Brad.

'Sir,' Bentley knocked on Lyndon's door apologetically. 'Ms. Bertha Reed is here.'

Brad directed an enquiring look at his wife. He was not sure if his wife wanted to be alone or if she was prepared to accept Bertha's company.

'Please allow her to come through,' Tessa politely answered.