CHAPTER 21

'Darling wake up!'
Tessa shuddered as Brad's lips pressed on the soft flesh between her shoulder blades. She heard his soft chuckle.

'Mmm... what time is it?' she sighed sleepily.

'Six fifty five---'

'What!' Tessa sprang up.

'Easy darling,' Brad cautioned, holding up his palm in front of her.

Tessa groaned in anguish. 'You're not going to start that all over again,' she wrinkled her face at the orange juice and crackers on the breakfast tray he brought her.

'Morning my love,' Brad lowered one knee on the bed. Both his hands sandwiched Tessa's face. He leaned across Tessa and pressed a flurry of kisses on her neck.

'Why am I still sleeping,' Tessa draped her arms around Brad's neck. 'Why didn't you wake me up? And why are you already dressed?' she moaned against his lips.

Brad laughed. 'I don't know why you're still asleep this morning. I have woken you up now and it is a work morning my dear wife.'

She was so not ready for the new day or to get out of bed. 'Good morning,' Tessa kissed her husband. 'I feel like I've been up all night,' she searched Brad's face.

'I wonder why?' Brad raised an eyebrow. He was not guilty of robbing his wife of sleep. After their marathon session in the shower earlier in the afternoon, they had not made love last night.

'I don't know okay,' Tessa mumbled defensively.

Brad chuckled and embraced Tessa in his arms. She breathed deeply inhaling his aromatic cologne. She loved the scent of it on Brad.

'You smell so good,' she whispered, 'though I should get out of bed.'

'Why don't you stay in bed a little longer? Or don't come into the office at all. You've already finalized the RBD document.'

Last night Brad had taken Tessa out to dinner. She had waited anxiously during their meal for Brad to open up to her, but he had insisted they enjoy their dinner first. He had been an amazing companion. Introducing general topics of conversation taking Tessa's mind away from what she wanted to discuss during their meal. Brad had ordered non alcoholic champagne to celebrate their second pregnancy. He had been charming, teasing her about every other man in the restaurant who was rudely ogling his wife right in his presence. He should have known his wife had eyes only for him from the very first day she had spotted him in the JeTag club.

After their sumptuous dinner Brad had taken two sheafs of paper from his pocket and handed it to Tessa. He had wanted her attention on neutral territory, not where she would have her legal hat on with single minded determination.

Tessa had been shocked to see it was copies of Alexei Yakov's personal financial records. Alexei was a bankrupt man. He was facing financial ruin. Tessa was not going to ask her husband how he managed to access Alexei's personal financial information. During Lyndon's agonizing kidnapping, she was thankful her husband was a resourceful man.

Still, could Tessa risk placing this rotten apple, Alexei Yakov amongst the untainted ones at RBD? He would, in a matter of time ruin the new company given his predilection to misappropriate the company's resources that he as the head was supposed to be a good steward of. Tessa could not, she absolutely could not sanction Alexei's inclusion in the new RBD structure. In the office, Brad had said:
"I want a consultation with my wife."

'Darling what are you asking of me?' Tessa had spoken softly, her eyes filled with concern.

'I wish to---,' Brad had played for time and fiddled with his cutlery, 'extend a lifeline to Alexei from my personal funds.'