'The talk'

Carl's pov:
I sat down as my dad began to speak "listen I don't trust this guy an-" I cut him of asking "why"

He looked at me puzzled for a second and spoke "why do you trust him?" I look at him for a second and answer "everybody can't be bad"

He nods and speaks "well I don't trust this guy....that's why I'm brining him with me....but he could have some friends...so I need you to stay on alert...help tyreese protect Judith....ok?"

I nod in response as he speaks again "now I need you to listen to me" I give him a simple "ok"

He gives me a resureing smile and speaks "you....are not safe..no matter how many people are around or how clear the area looks, no matter what anyone says,no matter what you think,you are not safe..it only takes one second.....one second and it's all over....never let your guard down....ever promise me that?..."

I nod and respond "I promise" he nods and replies with a simple "ok"

I watch as he stands up and starts to walk away but I stop him in his tracks wen I speak "dad" he turns around and looks at me questionably

"You were right...I'm strong..we both are....but we're strong  an- we can still help people...and we can handle are self if things go wrong and were strong an-of that we don't have to be afraid....and we don't have to hide"

I watch as he nods and speaks "wells he's hiding something" I count help but feel like I did something wrong so I just lightly nod and look at the floor and promise him "I'll stay safe dad"

He pats me on the shoulder and leaves,I follow him into the main room,where everyone else is I look around and see Adam holding Judith

I walk over to them and smile wen I see Judith pulling at Adams ears I go over and sit next to the pair

Judith smiles at me as I began to talk to Adam "my dad is leaving to get supplies,me you and tyreese and Judith are gonna stay here" Judith giggles wen she hears her name well Adam just nods