•Chapter 5• New Beginnings

•first day of school after death•
I walked in the place I call hell and sighed. The ugly yellow tiles polished, and the grey wallpaper nearly plastered. Everyone stared at me amazed that I wasn't dead. I just rolled my eyes and found my way to my locker. After I slid my bag off my back and set it on a hook I was pushed into the locker. The door quickly closed, and I heard a bunch of jocks laughing at me.
"Looser!" One yelled. I knew his voice, it was Devin.
"Really, can I have a break?" I whimper sliding down to the floor of the small locker.
"No!"
Then the bell rang and everyone left the hallways. I then started having an anxiety attack. The room was caving in, I couldn't breath, I was going to pass out. I fumbled for my phone, and then called Austin.
No Answer.
No Answer.
No Answer.
I dropped my phone and the room slowly became dark which made my breath heavier and faster. I banged on the locker door, and screamed.
"Help *gasp* me!" I kept gasping for air and kicking the door wanting to get out. Finally the door opened, and I ran out of their as fast as I could. Austin stood there looking down at me as I fell to the floor, and tried to breath. He set me up, and hugged my from behind.
"1 and 2." I breathed in
"3 and four." I breathed out
After five more sets of those I could maintain breathing normally. I leaned my head back, and started to cry.
"I miss him so much." I state crying
"Maybe coming to school wasn't a good idea for you," Austin whispered
"S-Sing to me..please.." I pleaded shaking.
He then began to sing to me the song he wrote for his mom and me. I was calm enough by the end to go down to the office. Austin went home with me which concerned me.
"Why didn't you go back to class?" I asked as I leaned my head on the head rest of the passenger side of his best up ford truck.
"Well, you needed me...and I got expelled for three days." He muttered the last part
"Wha- why?"
"You kept calling and Mrs. Amba started to take my phone away, and she was ranting on about me. So I stood up took my phone and told her to go f*ck her 60 year old ass."
I started laughing, and then I gave Austin a quick kiss on the cheek. He blushed a light pink,and then smiled.
"You are hilarious." I giggled
"I'm glad your laughing." He said grabbing my hand. I blushed a little, and nodded.
•time skip to 2013•
I laid in my bed motionless trying to get some motivation to get up. The dark blue covers surrounded my body keeping me warm. The black t-shirt and sweatpants hanging loosely around my body. My phone started ringing, so I threw my arm over to the white nightstand. My fingers gripped the freezing cold screen, and I pulled the phone to my left ear.
"Yeah?" I mumble closing my eyes.
"Emily, you need to get here as quick as possible......" A familiar voice exclaimed stressed
"Phil?!" I ask setting up
"Yes, just get here as fast as possible."
I hang up and run to my closet. I slip on a black long sleeve Pierce the veil shirt, and skinny jeans. I brushed my hair and pulled it up into a pony tail. I slipped on my vans and grabbed my car keys. I drove to where their bus was parked, and bursted through the door. Phil sat next to Aaron, Tino, and Alan. I looked over at them and Alan pointed to the back. I quickly walked past the bunks and into the back. There stood Kendra and Miles. Austin sat down in the couch, looking up at me.
"What the hell is this?!" I ask irritated
"I'm not sure," Austin said looking at the empty space next to him. I walked over, and sat on the leather couch.
"We need your help." Kendra says looking down at her feet.
"I left the gang, and now they are looking for us." Miles stated holding her hand.
I look at Austin, and he looks at me.
"They'll have to go on tour for a while with you guys," I whisper
Austin is in a pretty successful band called, Of Mice & Men. Austin screams/sings, Aaron plays bass guitar and sings, Phil is lead guitar, Alan is guitar, and Valentino plays drums. I've never been able to go on tour with them because of my work, but I was hoping one day.
"You'll go on you with us for now, we have one bunk you can share." They nod and leave the room. Everything was quite for awhile then I felt tears streaming down my cheeks. I put my head in my hands and cried into them.
"Hey, it's only three months.." Austin said rubbing my back.
"I know," I cry "just I'm scared something may happen to you."
"Sh, I'll be okay. You will be okay."
I nod, and hug Austin. His heart beat was fast, and he wrapped his arms around my back. Truth be told I've had romantic feelings towards him the past three days, but it's been five years since I've dated anyone so no wonder I'm lonely. I haven't dated anyone since Jake it's too painful. We said our goodbyes, and then I went back to me house. I decided to call up my friend Denis. He said he'd be at my apartment soon, so I went out on my balcony and watered my fuchsia hanging plant. Once I stepped inside I heard the doorbell ring. I quickly turned the cold silver knob, and got tackled by Denis' body.

 I quickly turned the cold silver knob, and got tackled by Denis' body

He helped me up off the ground, and pulled me into a hug. I laughed and hugged back.
"You wanna go get coffee?" He asked grabbing my left hand with his warm left hand. I blushed a little and smiled.
"Yeah, do I look okay. I didn't have time to get ready?" I asked frowning
"You look beautiful." He stated pulling me out of the apartment. We got into his car, and went to the near by coffee shop. I walked in and the owner, Rosa, smiled at me.
"The usual for you two?" She asked putting her hands on her hips, pretending to be sassy.
"Yes please," I say in a horrible British accent.
Denis and I sat down at a booth, and Rosa brought us both a red velvet cupcake.
"How's Ben?" I ask taking a bite
"He's good," Denis laughed as he pulled out his phone.
"What?" I ask giggling. I heard a click of the camera on his phone, and then he came and sat next to me. He put his finger on the tip of my nose, and wiped something off of it. He showed me that I had icing on my nose, and I giggled a little. I opened my mouth, and he put his finger in. I closed my lips around his finger, and then he pulled his finger out. I stared into his light brown eyes as he stared back into my blue ones. Rosa coughed, and we both turned away from each other and blushed.
"Here's your coffees, love birds." She stated smiling.
I laughed a little, and Denis went back to setting across from me. I set my feet on top of his, and grabbed the warm red cup. I gently took a sip of the peppermint mocha as I looked outside at the cold atmosphere.
"Wow," Denis said
I looked over at him and gave him 'the eyebrow' as Alan liked to call it. Denis blushed, and then thought a little before he spoke.
"Do you ever wonder if you could love again after being hurt so many times?" He asked taking a sip of his coffee
"I don't know, I want to love again." I state looking at him
"I do too." After a moment of silence he spoke again. "Maybe we could try...together?" He asked grabbing my hand with his, from a crossed the table.
"Are you asking me out, Stoff?" I ask smiling
"Only if you want me to." He softly laughs, and looks at our hands.
"Then, it's a yes."
New Beginning.