Introduction

• AN: I'm sorry this first chapter is so long I'm just trying to introduce and explain everything before I get into the story more... I promise my other chapters won't be this long and boring. 😄 And just to keep in mind, alot of the things that happen in my story are based on real events, even if they have dramatization or incorrect facts. I changed the names of the characters for their own privacy. Continue now. :) •

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Highschool isn't at all like they say it is in the movies.
There is no single "popular jock" or "pretty model-like girl" or even cliques.

Popularity at my school is more like EVERYONE is popular; except those who aren't, which is like, five people in my grade.

I'm one of those people.

I was popular in 8th grade, but that ended as soon as I got into my first and then second, relationship. Long story short, it was a shit show and I stopped talking to all my friends, and anyone else. I had a very select group that I hardly talked to.

In 9th grade I dated a guy that I had stupidly given a second chance, and he turned out abusive. After ending that relationship, I had even less friends.

At the end of 9th grade, I dated an older guy, one that showed me what it was like to drive in fast cars and do drug deals and drink and get high and sneak out and party all of the time.
That ended terribly when he completely left me and moved out without telling me. I found out myself by finding new people moving into his vacant apartment.

So by the beginning of grade 10, I wasn't really overly enthusiastic about the concept of dating. That is, until I got a massive crush on this one guy that I had met a few years back.

Alex was quiet and spent alot of his time alone. Throughout the years, I had tried to get to know him, but he had always been shut off. It pained me to see someone so un-trusting.

Alex was attractive, though he wasn't very popular so he mostly went unnoticed. He was average height, with a perfect build. His shoulders were broad and he had a very charming crooked smile, one that he rarely used. Though he wore a hat often, when he did take it off, his hair was a brown color with blond highlights here and there. He had beautiful blue eyes that changed shape given his mood, and a very soothing, lightly accented voice.

In grade 10 I decided I'd try to get to know him better, but since he didn't interact with anyone often, I had quiet a chore to attend to.

Yoga had never been my first choice, and not more then three days into the first semester of school, I had transfered out of yoga and into art; where I knew Alex was.

Art is my favorite subject, so I figured I could bond with him there. It was not easy. But since the class was nearly full, the only seat left happened to be by him. Just my luck.
I happily took the seat and began to try to connect with him.

Our conversations at first were very small, basically just convo starters and simple questions. We talked about our art projects we were working on, and made jokes.

He made me feel different. He made me feel fluttery and warm and shy. He made me laugh harder then I had laughed in months.

Not long into the school year, our school hosted a dance as a welcome back. I'm not much of a dancer, believe me. But being the flirt that I was, and deciding it would be the perfect night to make a move, I spent all art class getting the courage up to ask Alex to go.

---------------------------------------------------------

"So, are you gonna go to the dance Thursday?" I tried to hide my excitement and nervousness, hoping that he wouldn't think I was weird or get scared off.