Chapter 2 - Valentines Day

A.N: The photo I used for this chapter is an exact replica of the kitty that Tara receives! :)

---------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my God, oh my God I hate horror movies oh my God why? I don't like this..." I curled up into Alex and stared intently at the TV screen, waiting for an expected jump scare.

I was slightly drunk, drinking straight vodka from the flask and enjoying my time with my boyfriend. He smiled and took a swig from the bottle and continued to watch the show.

As expected, a jump scare came up and I turned into Alex's chest, squealing from fright and cuddled up there, hiding.

Alex cuddled me closer, laughing as he continued watching, almost completely unphased by the scare.

Once I had recovered, I leaned up toward him and kissed him, then trailed my lips down his neck. I giggled and slipped my hand under his pant line and continued kissing him, and eventually we shut off the movie completely.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Don't be scared baby, you won't feel a thing."

He was right, I wouldn't feel a thing after my wisdom teeth surgery, but that still didn't stop me from being scared.

"Here, I have something for you, let me get it." Alex rustled through some stuff in his room before pulling something out of a pile of items he had sitting by his bed. "Close your eyes."

I did as told and waited and before I knew it, Alex handed me a small orange Webkinz stuffed cat. "Awh it's so cute! I love it." I smiled cuddling the toy close.

"I thought it would make you feel better, bring it when you have your surgery and afterwards cuddle it so you feel better?"

I smiled and agreed before having to leave his house and go home.

---------------------------------------------------------

By the end of the week I had almost completely forgotten about my upcoming surgery, until the night before.

I packed some items up, making sure to bring a blanket and pillow for afterwards when I was going to be high off the anesthetic.

The next day my father and I went into the city and spent the day shopping and waiting for my apointment time. By 4:30pm, we had parked in front of the dental office and decided to go and check in.

---------------------------------------------------------

"So Tara, I'll need you to just relax here, this will only take a second." The dentist was standing over me with a large needle, trying to calm me down before injecting it into my arm.

I winced. The needle had actually hurt alot, but I was glad it was over because I was already in tears from just that.

The dentists assistant leaned my chair back so I was almost laying down in it, then proceeded to insert tubes into my nose so I could breath after the medicine kicked in.

"Are you alright?" A voice had asked me.

I could have sworn I had said yes, but I started to drift off and that was the last thing I could remember.

---------------------------------------------------------

The week after my surgery was not fun, my cheeks were swollen and sore and I couldn't open my jaw enough to eat anything except instant noodles.
My mouth had stopped bleeding, but the stitches were still in place and I had to take heavy pain killers and tylenol together just to ease the pain of the sores in my mouth.
I couldn't even go to school for three days in the first week because I kept nearly passing out during class from lack of nutrients and the heavy medication I was on.
But throughout my mess, when Sunday had come the day after my surgery and the week after it, Alex was by my side helping to ease the pain.

---------------------------------------------------------

At the end of febuary, I missed my period yet again, but didn't think twice about it.
It's probably just because of the pain meds or because it's a short month. I'll get it soon.

--------------------------------------------------------

(March)

About two weeks into March, I started getting the flu.
For three days in one week, I had to go home after first period of school because the nausea and dizziness were too much to handle and I needed rest.
I didn't throw up once but I knew I was sick and stayed home for half the week to recover.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Alex, I still haven't gotten my period. I'm three weeks late now."

"Maybe it'll come soon, if it doesn't show up in a week we'll see about getting you a test, alright?"

"Alright..."

I felt uneasy, this had happened way too many times before.

I brushed it off though, I had bigger things to worry about at the moment; like the job I was starting this month.

---------------------------------------------------------

(April)

One morning in the beginning of April, I woke up feeling great, which didn't happen often. I stretched out and relaxed in bed as i waited for my father to get out of the shower so I could brush my teeth and clean up.

My father's shower seemed to last forever though.

Suddenly, I felt an overwhelming urge to throw up, and sat up in my bed.
The upstairs bathroom was still occupied and I didn't think I could make it to the downstairs one in time.
Instead, I grabbed the nearest half empty chip bag that was laying beside my bed and threw up into it.

The puking stopped about as fast as it came on. Right after I was finished and I knew I was safe to lay back down, I felt completely fine again. By now the bathroom had been cleared so I went to brush my teeth and wash up.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Alex, I think I'm pregnant...when I woke up this morning, I felt fine and then suddenly I felt shitty and threw up and right after I threw up, I felt perfectly fine again...I think I have morning sickness. And my period still hasn't come. Alex, I'm over a month late."

My stomach bubbled with nerves as the realization sunk in.

"It sounds like you are, babe. It looks like we're actually going to be having a baby! :3"

---------------------------------------------------------