Chapter 3

As the morning rolled, I woke up and went to take a shower. After fifteen minutes in the shower, I got a text from Mason. He texted, "Good morning, beautiful. Do you want to come with me to Starbucks?" I replied with the text, "Sure, handsome." He texted back with a smile emoji.

I got ready in a laid-back plain white tee, black skinny jeans, a red varsity jacket with an "M" on the front and "Marchand" on the back, and black high tops. I went to do my hair and makeup.  Put my hair up in a stylish ponytail, and my makeup with a cat-eye effect and pink lipstick.

For our 17th birthdays, our parents had a surprise 17th birthday party at the Monte Cristo Banquet Hall. There was a theme, too. It was Arabian Nights, and it was formal. So, our friends and family dressed in tuxedos and fancy formal dresses. My house maid, Georgiana, made Mason a new black-and-red tuxedo. She made me a red embroidered glittery and sequined one-shoulder cocktail dress.

Throughout the day, we went to the mall. Before the party started, everyone went to the Cathedral of Our Lady of The Angels, which is where Mason and I attends. There was a special Mass for the both of us. One of the attendees was my grandma Angelica, who came all the way here from London. For the Mass, Father Ron Aubry, my favorite priest from Ohio, performed the Mass. Our Mass is like a quinceañera. Our escorts were our friends Joey, Josh, Seth, and James.

James, Seth, Josh, and Joey escorted the both of us to the Hall in a limo. As we got to the Hall, Mason started to hold hands with me. He looked up to me, and we smiled at each other. James started to look at us, joking, "Mason, are you like in love with Morgan?" Mason didn't answer to James' question. It feels like a romance that is about to bloom. "I think I am in love with Morgan, James," he told James, still looking at me.

Our escorts surprisingly looked at us after Mason answered to James' question. Their reactions were priceless.