Chapter 4

Russell never once said a word to anyone about his discovery. But now he couldn't help but find himself constantly stealing a look at her. To think she was the daughter of the Captain Barbosa couldn't register in his head.

" Nathan this is amazing." Rosa smiled as she took a bite of her food.
" As if you would expect anything else?"
Russell picked at his food then took a bite. He should be enjoying the feast, not focusing on her.
" Rosalindaaa," Thomas cooed with a hiccup," Will you sing that song you sang at the tavern."
" I don't know Thomas . . ."
Thomas's eyes began to swell with tears and his lip quivered. No, anything to keep him from crying. So she quickly agreed, getting thankful looks from the rest of the crew. Grabbing a lantern, she held it up to her face to add an effect. The light bounced of her skin and reflected in her eyes. It made her look beautiful.

" Gather weary travelers, I have a tale to tell.

It might just save your lives but only if you listen well.

Cause there before the breakers, and just around the way . . ." She paused for a moment and glanced around. " There's a sign that says "Beware the beast of pirate's bay.""

Her tune began to pick up.

" Some say he's a guppy, A kid thrown in the sea.

He ates so many sailors, now he's bigger than a tree.

His teeth are sharp as scissors,his claws they are like knives. And if you think he's ugly wait until you see his insides!"

Rosa seemed to slowly catch the attention of all the men, including Morgan. Her voice wasn't that did it, it was her emotion she put behind it. Her hand signals and her movements all added up. It was as if she had been a story teller all her life.

" Some say he's a serpent that came straight from hell.

To eat the souls of pirates and other ne'rr-do-wells.

Some don't believe it but as me I've got a hunch." She slowly snuck up behind Thomas. " Cause they use to have some pirates here-" Then she grasped at his shoulders and scarred him," But he ate them all for lunch!"

Slowly even Russell found himself tapping his foot to the beat of the song as she continued on. Then suddenly the daring look in her eyes softened as she sat back down with her legs crossed. She leaned one arm against the table and leaned in, drawing her cutlass and waving it in a teasing way.

" Now the tavern's empty, and there's only you and me.

And if you care I'd like to share how this song came to be.

So come a little closer if you really want to know.

This very sad and woeful tale happened so long ago."

Russell suddenly found himself sitting on the edge of his seat, waiting for her tale to continue.

" Well, I was just a little girl when I went to Pirate's Bay.

And there I saw a creature that was very much dismayed.

With a harpoon in his dorsal fin and a hook stuck in his side,

This mighty whale was in such pain, we both began to cry.

" I pushed!" She slammed her cutlass into the wood." and I shoved," She continued, stomping down on the floor, making them all jump." But he wouldn't give way.

Into the deeper waters off our shallow Pirate's Bay.

All I could do to help him was to keep people away.

So I wrote the sign that said, "Beware of Pirate's Bay!" "

Morgan raised his hands and clapped along with the rest of his men. Despite her playful attitude he could see the hurt in her eyes. The more he looked at her the more he began to see the resemblance. The curve of her nose, the high cheek bones and height. It all was obvious to him now.
" Eduardo," He started abruptly," Set a path to Pirate's Bay."