Chapter 2, The New Girl

Disclaimer: I do not own D Gray Man.

Chapter 2, The New Girl

Allen groaned and stirred a little as he felt his consciousness slowly returned to him. When his eyes fluttered open, the first thing he knew was pain, he felt as a small bump of pain from his head.

'What happened?' he thought. His eyes glanced around, observing his surroundings. He found out that he was lying on a bed.

"Where am I?"

"You're in the infirmary, idiot!" He heard someone replied. He turned his head to the side and spotted Lavi and Ellen.

"Lavi...Ellen...wha...how did I get here?" he asked, still in a state of confusion.

Lavi sighed. "Where do I start first? Oh yeah! I carried you here after you blacked out." He grinned sheepishly, scratching the back of his head.

Allen blinked. "Blacked out? Me?"

"Back in the cafeteria, someone hit your head from behind and you fainted. So, Lavi carried you here." Ellen replied instead.

"Hit? By what? Who?"

The raven sighed before answering. "Walker...I never thought that you're someone like that...."

Allen blinked in confusion. "Huh? What do you mean?"

"The one that hit you was the new transferred student, Allen!" Lavi replied.

"She hit you with a stack of books!"

Allen gaped. "What? A stack of books? No wonder I fainted right on the spot..." He muttered the last part quietly to himself.

"Walker, the girl that you were pointing at has teal hair and was tied into two pig-tails, right?" asked Ellen.

"Yeah..." replied the white-haired cluelessly.

The raven crossed her arms. "Well...for your information, her name is Lenalee Liang and yes, she is the one that I was talking about."

She took a deep breath before she continued. "And apparently... she hit you 'cause she said YOU were GLARING at her..." She rubbed her temple slightly.

...

"Wait! What? I was glaring at her?" Allen repeated.

Lavi and Ellen nodded.

"You're quite mean, Allen, glaring at someone like that. You barely even know her." Lavi teased. "Don't tell me that you've already got a crush on the new girl?" He added elbowing him.

"I misunderstood you, Walker..." Ellen said, shaking her head in disappointment.

"Wait a second! I wasn't glaring at her! I was merely staring at her!" The white-haired protested, rising up his hands in front of him.

"Staring? Merely?" The two teen raised a brow.

Allen nodded. "Yeah. I was just thinking how strange she looks 'cause she's awfully quiet comparing to the others!"

Lavi and Ellen had a thoughtful when he said this.

"Now that you've mentioned it...Ellen did say that the girl was rather quiet..." The redhead muttered.

"Also, she seems to know Professor Komui and that pony-tail!" The raven added, crossing her arms.

"Huh? How so?"

"Well...after you fainted..."

Flashback

Allen fell from his chair with a loud 'THUMP!' after he was mercilessly hit by the teal-haired girl.