✺5✺

CHAPTER 5

     After visiting hours ended, I left the hospital room, dawdling my way back home. My eomma's home. I just didn't want to see her. But since Jungkook isn't home, I have to be with my eomma.

     Jungkook looked so fragile, I wished that he would be okay. He told me about the fractures in the back of his head, and how the doctor said it would take a while until he fully recovers, or that he may never fully recover.

     When I heard that he may never recover fully recover, it felt as if there were millions of needles, stabbing into my chest, because I felt my heart break into pieces, knowing that there's a slight chance that Jungkook would never be the same again.

     Please, please let Jungkook be okay...

     I eventually arrived at my eomma's house, dragging myself up the steps. I shakily raised my hand, knocking my knuckles on the front door. Hoping she wouldn't open the door with a cigarette in hand, I stood silently, waiting for her to open the door.

     The doorknob jiggled, and that was my signal that the door was unlocked. I pushed through the door, letting my self in the house as she was already going to up to her room, probably to go smoke out on the balcony.

     Wow. Not even a "Hello" for me anymore. She doesn't even open the door completely for me.

     It's gotten this bad. At least she's not yelling at me.

     She thinks that I'm the one at fault. She thinks she did nothing wrong. She thinks that she is better than me. She thinks the she knows what her daughter is like.

     But if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have met Jungkook again, I would have forgotten that he existed in my life. Still, she is unforgivable.

     I'll never forget what happened, and I'll never forgive her.

     "Eomma?" I called out, searching for her in her room.  Her room wasn't lit with any source of light.  I opened the door a little bit wider, trying to squint my way towards the lamp on her desk. 

     I reached my hand out, trying to feel my way towards the lamp, then suddenly, my foot tripped on something on the floor, and whatever it was, it was broken now.

     I fell on my side, groaning from the pain in my foot.  I couldn't see what happened there, it was to dark, but everytime I touched my foot, it stung badly.

     "Chaewon?" someone called.  The room brightened up, and I realized the lamp was turned on.  She was standing at the lamp's side, one hand on it's switch. 

     I looked down at my bare feet, one of which was covered in blood, and cut up.  The thing I tripped over was an empty beer bottle, now shattered.

     "Eomma, help me, it hurts when I stand," I pleaded, trying to push myself up with my arms. She stared down at me, and her expression became stern.

     "Chaewon," she started, "What were you doing in my room?"

     "I-I was looking for you, I thought you might have been asleep," I explained, terrified. The shakiness in my voice couldn't be more obvious.

     The woman snatched me by the collar of my shirt, harshly pulling me up. Eomma pulled me close to her face, and I could smell the alchohol in her breath.

     She's drinking, I thought, She never drinks.

     "Chaewon, you're 17 years old, either you follow my rules or get out, arasso?" Eomma demanded.

     I didn't understand her. I was in pain, and when I asked for her assistance, all she did was scold me for being in her room. "I was just trying to–"

     She cut me off when her hand roughly met my cheek. My body fell back down onto the floor, across the scattered shards of beer bottles.

     I scraped my forearm on one of the shards and my foot wasn't feeling any better. She's hurting me while she knows I'm already wounded.

     "I said you follow my rules," she jabbed her thumb in the direction of the door, "or get out."

     Tears welled up in my eyes, not only from how different she was acting today, but also from the stinging pain on my cheek, which was now red, and my swelled up foot.

     I rubbed my eyes, trying to stand up. I wobbled, making an effort to gain balance again. Once that was out of the way, I pushed past Eomma, limping outside.

     My foot kept swelling, but the bleeding stopped at the least. I ran out without any shoes, which was a bad choice but I kept going.

     People passed by, most of them on a nightly stroll, and some taking an occasional glance at my condition then ignoring it. Not one person helped me out.

     It became about one in the morning when I couldn't walk anymore. My body collapsed in front of a house, and the lights were still on, surprisingly.

     As I fell, my head hit the fence, and luckily, I didn't pass out. However, the pain in my foot wouldn't stop, and all the walking didn't help, or how I hit the fence. The collision with my head and the fence resulted in a loud, thud.

     I just laid there on the cold sidewalk, staring into space.

     "Jungkook-ah. Did you hear that?"

     "Ne, it was from outside I think. Jimin, go check."

     "It's your house!"

     "Fine, I'll check, then."

     Not bothering to move, and I tried my best to keep my eyes open, and tell the boy, I'm alright. Unfortunately, I was unsuccesful, and my eyelids closed shut.

     I felt someone carrying me inside, and another trying to patch up my foot. Although I wasn't fully awake, I remember Jungkook laying me on his couch, and Jimin carefully cleaning my foot and wrapping it in a bandage.

     I remember hearing Jimin asking Jungkook to stay the night, just to help watch over me. I remember Jungkook saying that he thinks he remembers me from grade school. I remember feeling safe again. I remember Jungkook telling in my sleep, "You're safe here."

~~~~

[A/N]

Hi everyone! Sorry, this was just a chapter on a little more back story on Chaewon, and I know its getting a little boring because all I'm showing is the BTS boys and only one member of SVT has showed up so far. But I promise you that all of SVT will be introduced in the next chapter. Thank you guys for your support~

-jwwoo__

{EDITED 170511}