✺6✺

CHAPTER 6

     "You need us."

     "Come to us."

    "We'll help you."

     "Let's make a deal."

     "Look towards the shadows."

     "We know the solution."

     I bolted awake from my bed, my heart racing at a mile a minute, and my head pounding as if it was a drum. My hand shot up to my head, clutching my hair. I felt the beads of my sweat forming on my forehead. I didn't know what that was.  A nightmare?  A dream? A message? Yep, definately a message.  It was telling me something, I know for sure.

     My eyes frantically searched the dark room, landing on the silhouette of my jacket which was lying on the floor.

      I stood on my feet in less than two seconds, swiping the jacket off the floor and slipping it on my arms. I just had to get out, I needed my best friend back. I needed him to be safe.

     Out across the hallway, I could hear my eomma coughing, most likely due to the fact that the smoking damaged her lungs. But That also meant she was awake. She'd never let me out this late at night.

     Oh, who am I kidding. She only wants to see me once a week, just to make sure I'm safe. To me, she doesn't make sense. Why would she want to check up on me if she didn't even care anymore? She wouldn't care if I went missing for six years.

     The door creaked as I turned the doorknob, cracking it open about a centimeter or two. I wouldn't want to disturb my eomma, if I did, she'd lash out again.  No one wants that.

     I carefully made my way out of the house, holding the doorknob so that when the door closed, it wouldn't make much noise. As soon as it clicked, I ran. That's all I did. Run.

     I turned a few corners memorizing the way to the alley. The city lights shone in every building, reflecting off every window. It's easy to spot the alley any time of the day or night. Since the city almost never goes dark, you just have to find the darkest place in between buildings.

     The alley was in my sight and I rushed towards it. I knew Jungkook wouldn't want me doing this but I want him to be healthy. It hurts seeing him so helpless.

      I stood in front of the alley, trembling.  A chill was sent down my spine, and I nearly fell backwards from the shaking in my stick-like legs.

     "I shouldn't be here..." I mumbled to myself, but I only stepped forward, not knowing what to do. It was weird, as if I was in a trance that led me to the alley. I couldn't turn around, even if I wanted to because there was something there, pulling me in.

     Thoughts about just turning around and running back to Jungkook's house came flying through my head.  It was all I was thinking about.  I told myself to just run back, go home and be safe, ignore the dream and what it told me to do, it's not like it meant anything.  But then, a cold, stern voice crept behind me, dangerously close to my ear.  "I don't believe you belong here either..."

     My body stiffened as soon as I felt breathing on my neck, and a hand on my waist. A man dressed in black, wearing a black mouth mask stood beside me. Only his eyes were visible. To me, his eyes seemed foreign, and it was obvious to me that part of him if not, all of him, was not Korean.

     But his eyes were different. Not in the way that he was a foreigner, but the color itself. Although it was dark, I could see his eyes clearly, and they were not normal. Not only the color, the shape in general. In fact, his eyes in an entirety were not normal. They were visible through darkness, but most likely to him, my eyes were unseen. The irises of his eyes were a pale color, almost white, and it gave off the illusion that his pupils were tiny.

     I was so shocked at the moment that I couldn't move.

     Then came another voice, "Let's make a deal."

     I turned my head and saw a man with the same kind of outfit as the first. Dressed in black and a mouth mask, only eyes visible. His stare was sharp, cutting through mine. And when I looked at them, I saw the same thing — pale irises.

     "We'll help you, Chaewon... We know the solution."

     I opened my mouth to speak, but one of them raised his hand in front of me and stopped me from saying a word. He gripped my wrist and pulled me deeper into the alley. The other boy only followed. He forcefully shoved me to the end of the alley, sending me flying towards the ground. I landed on my elbow, scraping it, resulting in a huge gash.

     When I looked up, I felt like the darkness had expanded, and I was just a girl, sitting in the middle of a dark, endless abyss.  Around me stood twelve boys, all of them wearing similar ensembles, all of them staring down at me. 

     I stood up, with the gash on my elbow starting to sting.  Their eyes were all on the wound, and all they did was stare.  Silence was all I heard.  I started feeling discomfort too, and it started to bleed.  I sucked in a breath through my teeth, turning away.  I did not enjoy looking at blood.  Then after a while, finally someone started to speak.  "Seungcheol," one of them spoke, "Chaewon is hurt."

     The twelve boys diverted their eyes from my elbow to a thirteenth boy.  A muscular blonde haired boy stood there, carefully and slowly stepping towards me.  I swallowed the lump in my throat and he placed his hand on my shoulder. He stared down at me with his pale irises, speaking quietly, but coldly. "Let's make a deal, Chaewon."

{EDITED 170511}